• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Heartless members (sushi losing job)

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Everyday I wonder about people. If the 76 yr old man was a dog people would have done everything in there power to save the dog. In my job I am amazed at how people will go to extremes to save an animal, but will turn there heads or run back into there house if another person is in need of help.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Looks to me like the Aussies talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The chart was intended to show how countries make grand pledges but then don't actually deliver. Australia only delivered a third of what it pledged.

In addition this chart is only based on Tsunami relief and does not show any sort of definitive world wide all inclusive numbers.

How much did Australia donate to Africa last year?

In as much as I don't want to sound like I am taking the side of someone that walks upside down from us. The Aussies are giving about the same as Americans when you figure the population base, which is a little of them verses a lot of us.... The "Pledged" part is way off though...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I posted a reply to Mike's original post ,out of respect and agreeing that Americans need to get back on track and how disappointed I am in this country . But after reading how heated the exchange became with a few members and knowing my opinion would cause problems , I am not going to even get involved . Sorry Mike :wink: . I deleted my "reply post" to you .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This thread has turned into a cluster-**** of insane, mean drivel.
Die thread, die..
Wasn't it supposed to be about Sushi, and how unkind some people can be?
It's become a war of words, looks like to me. :-l

daedong

In as much as I don't want to sound like I am taking the side of someone that walks upside down from us. The Aussies are giving about the same as Americans when you figure the population base, which is a little of them verses a lot of us.... The "Pledged" part is way off though...

I really was not trying to make comparisons with Australia, just pointing out to snowcat that there was no way that the USA gave as much as he claimed. Simply put I was just trying to get him to take his rose coloured glass off. I do hope that SC shows his son the facts as good knowledge is critical in understanding the world around us.

daedong

I posted a reply to Mike's original post ,out of respect and agreeing that Americans need to get back on track and how disappointed I am in this country . But after reading how heated the exchange became with a few members and knowing my opinion would cause problems , I am not going to even get involved . Sorry Mike :wink: . I deleted my "reply post" to you .

Heated, what are you talking about, who has got heated, am I that thick skinned I missed something.:confused:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Lets move on. We've made our points. please.

Hey Sushi, well you made a good point that you have had some crappy jobs, just like most of the rest of us.

So now that we know that you can "Buck up" and get the job done, tell the A$$ at work to go pound sand and get a job you like. You were, no doubt, looking for a job when you got that one, so go do it again.

You can post your resume on www.Monster.com if you want or a host of other job sites.

Go get 'em...

dzalphakilo

Banned
Some years ago working, we were severely understaffed. Working 15 hour days, 6 days a week was the norm because we had to get it done. Well, one day, while driving to a job in the company truck by myself, I saw a middle age (looked to be in decent shape) man standing on the corner with a cardborad sign. It was apparent that this man was looking for a handout, but the sign he was holding up in front of him said "hungry and no money, willing to work for food" (or to that extent, forget the exact wording).

Well, since I was stopped at that corner anyway, I put on my parking break and looked at him and told him to jump on in the truck. He looked at me puzzled and asked why. I told him that I needed an extra set of hands for work and that I would pay him good money to give me a days work. He looked at me and said "no thanks".

You know what? Sush reminds me of that guy.

Sush, is Simple Minds your favorite band?

You don't remind me of the bum on the corner because he doesn't have a job, you remind me of him because like the bum, you claim you want something, but you really want something else.

The bum claims he wants a job to get money. You claim you want serious advice to help you in your life.

What the bum really wants is money.

What you really want is sympathy.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
That is why I got involved in our local Fire Department. Our volunteer's get First Responder training; I went ahead and got my EMT-1 Certs.

I'm also glad, to see some other people getting involved. I've had the opportunity to teach a bunch of Cub Scouts "Readyman" and first aid. And, since my son bridged to Scouts, they really stress first aid. We have a bunch of boys in our Troop that have earned their first aid merit badge; I'm getting ready to teach another merit badge session in a couple weeks.

Most people do not have a clue what to do in an emergency. Fortunately, there's some kids growing up knowing what to do. I hope they will have a positive affect on our society.

I carried her out as the fire department was arriving. I was really pissed off that nobody was helping when I realized that they had no clue to what to do, so they just stood around. Needless to say I was pretty disgusted that nobody had a clue, and as I go though life, I realize that very few people have a clue of what to do in any kind of an emergency, especially in the big city where most of the Sheeple live.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sush, is Simple Minds your favorite band?

You don't remind me of the bum on the corner because he doesn't have a job, you remind me of him because like the bum, you claim you want something, but you really want something else.

The bum claims he wants a job to get money. You claim you want serious advice to help you in your life.

What the bum really wants is money.

What you really want is sympathy.

What you need is therapy. Im not kidding.

dzalphakilo

Banned
What you need is therapy. Im not kidding.

To some extent, we all need some type of therapy.

That said, I'm not the one on the internet complaining all the time about a dead end job that gives me so satisfaction and all the hot women that I would like to get laid by.

Perhaps the difference between you and I my friend is that I had a caring, loving father and mother who was always there for me (even though my dad wanted to kill me when I was younger:D).

I actually feel pity for the relationship you have with your father (God knows, seems like that's what you're looking for when you write about your dad).

Let me guess, go crying to the moderators because you can't handle the truth?

Oops, wait, we're not in the seriously speaking section. Guess I don't have to tell you what you want to hear.

And please, if any of you (and you know who you are:D) don't like what I have to say, and go complaining to the moderators, at least have the courage to tell me what you think yourself.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
To some extent, we all need some type of therapy.

That said, I'm not the one on the internet complaining all the time about a dead end job that gives me so satisfaction and all the hot women that I would like to get laid by.

Perhaps the difference between you and I my friend is that I had a caring, loving father and mother who was always there for me (even though my dad wanted to kill me when I was younger:D).

I actually feel pity for the relationship you have with your father (God knows, seems like that's what you're looking for when you write about your dad).

Let me guess, go crying to the moderators because you can't handle the truth?

Oops, wait, we're not in the seriously speaking section. Guess I don't have to tell you what you want to hear.

And please, if any of you (and you know who you are:D) don't like what I have to say, and go complaining to the moderators, at least have the courage to tell me what you think yourself.

Glad to see your time away did you some good! :poke: Two things I can tell you.

1) I am sure Sushi was NOT one of the people to notify the mods.
2) I did not notify the mods either and DID tell you what I thought before.

I was hoping that you would come back with a little more patience and at the very least choose to ignore anything related to this and move on. I hoped you had enough maturity to agree to disagree with some of us about these things and move on. The fact that you came right back and dug up this thread and started taking shots at Sushi even though HE did not start the thread shows me EXACTLY the kind of character you have. The REAL irony for me is that you said my friend after you so vehemently denied that such a thing could exist in cyberspace without a face to face meeting and them agreeing with everything you said.... I might have stretched the truth with the last part, but it seems implied.

daedong

I don't go to the Mods, but what I do think is you need some help mate, move on for fuk sake

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Just in kind, responding to Sush, mate.

Afraid Sush is going to get too depressed and jump out a window?

Interesting concept. See... if you look back... Sushi's last post before you dredged it up was to "Move On." So how were you REALLY responding to Sushi when you dug this up?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Interesting concept. See... if you look back... Sushi's last post before you dredged it up was to "Move On." So how were you REALLY responding to Sushi when you dug this up?

I responded because Sush incorrectly assumed that since he worked and the bum I mentioned in my story didn't, there was nothing in common between Sush and the bum.

Since I was banned for 14 days, I couldn't "correct" Sush about his assumption being incorrect because I was banned right after Sush made his incorrect assumption.

As I mentioned in my first response in being banned, I told sush he and the bum "were the same" in my opinion because they both asked for one thing, but really wanted something else.

Since Sush thought I should get therapy (and as I mentioned, we all do to some extent), I thought I would elaborate more in my opinion as to why he should seek therapy as well (those darn unloving, ungrateful father stories he AKA Sush makes about his father).

Keep in mind, the original thread was locked per Sush's request, but it was Mike who brought the topic of "heartless people" up pertaining to Sush's locked thread.

I don't have a habit of hiding or running when I think I'm right.

dzalphakilo

Banned
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: I work harder than anyother rep in that department! I wasnt givin ANY active accounts. NONE! And now I have 13 at weeks end today that are active. All the other reps were GIVEN active ones. How does THAT make you think of a guy with a sign that wont work??????

One of my past jobs I have a Bi-polar (seriously) boss that tracked me with GPS every second of the day. I had a 25 minute lunch and was paid $25K / year plus a small commission. He was nice one minute and then INSANE the next. I suffered through that for almost 2 years. There is a huge amount more to tell you what that guy did and I dont want to remember it.

When I was out of a job a few years back I worked with this guy for cash clearing sewage pipes.... grease traps and digging holes to install or repair sewage lines in restaurants!!!! Im smelled like greasy shit at the end of those days and ruined a few pairs of shoes, many jeans and shirts. But I did what I had to do to make it so I could support myself AND send a few bucks to my dad.

What I was responding to per my story about the Bum and Sush having something in common. As mentioned, Sush had it all wrong as to why I was comparing him to the bum in my story.

Come to think of it, with all the "highs" and "downs" Sush always seems to post about, wouldn't surprise me if he were bi-polar (just thinking out loud:D)

princess

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bullying is a problem that can be detrimental to students’ well-being and development[1].

Bullying is the act of intentionally causing harm to others, through verbal harassment, physical assault, or other more subtle methods of coercion such as manipulation. Bullying can be defined in many different ways. Although the UK currently has no legal definition of bullying, [2] some US states have laws against it. Bullying is usually done to coerce others by fear or threat. [3]
Bullying in school and the workplace is also referred to as peer abuse.
In colloquial speech, bullying often describes a form of harassment perpetrated by an abuser who possesses more physical and/or social power and dominance than the victim. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a target. The harassment can be verbal, physical and/or emotional. Sometimes bullies will pick on people bigger or smaller than their size. Bullies hurt people verbally and physically because they themselves have been the victim of bullying[4][5][6] (e.g. a bullying child who is abused at home, or bullying adults who are abused by their colleagues).

DZ? Sound familiar?

No one is asking anyone to hide or run but simple decency and tact dictates simply refraining from posting to or about people that you don't care for...This is after all the Internet

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I responded because Sush incorrectly assumed that since he worked and the bum I mentioned in my story didn't, there was nothing in common between Sush and the bum.

Since I was banned for 14 days, I couldn't "correct" Sush about his assumption being incorrect because I was banned right after Sush made his incorrect assumption.

As I mentioned in my first response in being banned, I told sush he and the bum "were the same" in my opinion because they both asked for one thing, but really wanted something else.

Since Sush thought I should get therapy (and as I mentioned, we all do to some extent), I thought I would elaborate more in my opinion as to why he should seek therapy as well (those darn unloving, ungrateful father stories he AKA Sush makes about his father).

Keep in mind, the original thread was locked per Sush's request, but it was Mike who brought the topic of "heartless people" up pertaining to Sush's locked thread.

I don't have a habit of hiding or running when I think I'm right.

So.... in summary... you stewed for two weeks to remind us what happens when we ASS U ME. That's a LONG time to want to scream I TOLD YOU SO!. I have not heard that since my 5 year old said it to me Thusday. The thing is I can fix her bad attitude.

princess

And Sushi? Thank you for being a man and knowing when to let a subject drop rather than continuing like a child throwing a temper tantrum....my respect has grown tenfold my dear

dzalphakilo

Banned
What kind of charity? writing a check? I could compare physical work. If you were the nice guy you claim then you would take your bulling tactics someplace else. Sushi has NEVER asked anyone for anything. He's just blowing off steam. We consider him a friend. Not like you who considers a friend someone that can do something for you.

I was at a nursing home today taking 3 hours of my day there, which I do EVERY weekend (which is not my job).

I work with the local humane society (more hours there than you could believe).

I'm going to start to work with the department of social services as a volunteer (sp?).

There's more, but that should give you an idea that I actually do something to help others in my life.

Remember, words mean nothing, actions do.

Yeah, I'm the type that when I worked at the special olympics, a guy was criticizing (sp?) the "ref" because a little girl who was afraid to jump (standing long jump) finally did, but her feet "touched" the line. The guy was complaining because the girl should of been disqualified. I took that guy on the side and told him he was a fuc*king asshole because in the special olympics, rules mean nothing. It's all about making sure the kids are happy.

Being a member of AA, I've learned that people have to want to help themselves. Sush doesn't want the help, he just wants to feel popular on this forum. Well, here's a hard fact news flash... being popular on a internet forum will get you nothing in life.

I've also learned the hard way that people are alot like animals. You can't save them all.