• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Heartless members (sushi losing job)

RedRocker

Actually my opinion wasn't formed by the government, you might notice what I said about their so called "giving" of my money. I am certainly not deluded into thinking America or any other nation does no wrong, we are after all, humans that are prone
to evil. But over all, the world would be a very dark place without the USA. There is
plenty of room for improvement, but my guess is you guys and a lot of the rest of the English speaking world would be speaking another language if the US didn't exist and you damn sure wouldn't be speaking your mind on the internet. For all our faults, we're the best thing going, feel free to step up to the plate and take the lead though, beacons of hope are few and far between.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
WOW in the last few years it seems there has been a campaign to wipe out on the internet what America actually does! That is pretty shocking. Never the less As a Country (government related aid work) we are the worlds largest contributer. As far as private citizens donating to help people in need NO ONE can hold a candle to us! SO not only does our Government donate more than all the other nations combined the citizens of America also donate more than all the other nations government do. In fact when my son did his research paper he discovered that U.S. Citizens donate more than twice the amount than our own Government does. Seems to me theres a campaign on the internet to wipe out what our country does! Sad world! You all better watch out. You may get what you believe. I tell you this. When you help someone you dont expect a thank you. BUT you sure as hell dont expect a knife in the back. If this continues then I dont see a need for us to help other nations in need if there going to pull this kind of crap. We dont need or want a thank you but this is complete crap! Keep digging Daedong. I'm sure you will find the truth out there burried somewhere!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
[FONT=&quot]Every nation brainwashes and often misguides it citizens. The older I get the more I open my eyes to this. In Australia we were bought up with distorted facts and history regarding how great we were as a nation and were often sheltered from many unpalatable truths. This comes about trying to uphold patriotism and morale. The more patriotic one is the more one closes his eyes to the truth. Much of this truth is in very subtle forms.

I have no doubt that the same misguided truths have gone on in the USA as every other nation on the planet. There is no such thing as the good guys and the bad guys, most people are just victims of their own political system and believe in what they are taught.

Even today most Australians think they live in the greatest country, I guess they think much like most Americans.

VIN[/FONT]

OK....... So you dont believe you live in one of the worlds greatest nations? How about Syria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan.......How about any of the Obama 57 States? OK how about China? Russia? Is Australia starting to look good to you again? Imagine yourself living in one of those countries and then invision speaking out against there government. Is Australia starting to look better now? Sure your government is not perfect. Nor is The U.S. Government. BUT they sure are some of the top nations in the world to live in. Can they be better? You bet. But compared to 95% of the other nations of the world there the best! Food for thought Daedong.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
So Daedong you dont believe the US sends her carriers and medical ships to countries that suffered horrible disasters? The Tsunami........You dont believe that? By the way when the figures go out and are added up our countries aid does not include little things like the cost of bringing floating cities and hospitals to other nations. Doesnt include the thousands and thousands of flights to and from the ships. Doesnt include all the personel who get paid to do there job...... Man Daedong Its really hard to believe you think we dont help out......... Are you just pulling our leg and trying to rattle a nest? Trully you must be joking right?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I think he's digging to try and bury the truth.

No I believe Daedong is a victim of the liberal left. They have started to think for him and he has allowed it. Its a state of mind where you dont have to think.

So I guess now good is evil and evil is good?

So Daedong how about this. IF the U.S. is not the greatest contributer who is?

American Woman

Site Supporter
Thanks for the negative points trakternut,

at least when I disagree I post in the open forum.
Monte wouldn't start trouble in the open because he's a better man than that..... he respects others here on the forum.
=RedRocker said:
What our government gives I wouldn't call charity, those are our tax dollars taken against our will. What Americans give has nothing to do with government, I don't remember the exact figures, but it was hundreds of millions after the tsunami for instance. If you want to count what the feds give, percentage of GDP doesn't mean much, if your GDP is a thousand bucks and you give it all, then that's a thousand bucks. Our GDP is billions, so 1% of that is a nice chunk of change. When the shit hits the fan on a world wide basis, folks don't look to Cuba or Russia to bail them out, it's an aircraft carrier from the USA providing power and medical facilities to shattered nations. :clap:
OK....... So you dont believe you live in one of the worlds greatest nations? How about Syria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan.......How about any of the Obama 57 States? OK how about China? Russia? Is Australia starting to look good to you again? Imagine yourself living in one of those countries and then invision speaking out against there government. Is Australia starting to look better now? Sure your government is not perfect. Nor is The U.S. Government. BUT they sure are some of the top nations in the world to live in. Can they be better? You bet. But compared to 95% of the other nations of the world there the best! Food for thought Daedong.
Both of these were well put, and covered all the bases.
Deadong, it just isn't polite to come into other peoples home and sling trash.
icon10.gif

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
[FONT=&quot]Every nation brainwashes and often misguides it citizens. The older I get the more I open my eyes to this. [/FONT]

I think this guy is a victim of his own statement. Vin you always say your in the middle of the left and right. I think your middle marker is way to the left.

dzalphakilo

Banned
I find it comforting that the title of the thread is about heartless members and Sush losing his job, and where is this thread going?

Yeah, we all stay on topic.

Some years ago working, we were severely understaffed. Working 15 hour days, 6 days a week was the norm because we had to get it done. Well, one day, while driving to a job in the company truck by myself, I saw a middle age (looked to be in decent shape) man standing on the corner with a cardborad sign. It was apparent that this man was looking for a handout, but the sign he was holding up in front of him said "hungry and no money, willing to work for food" (or to that extent, forget the exact wording).

Well, since I was stopped at that corner anyway, I put on my parking break and looked at him and told him to jump on in the truck. He looked at me puzzled and asked why. I told him that I needed an extra set of hands for work and that I would pay him good money to give me a days work. He looked at me and said "no thanks".

You know what? Sush reminds me of that guy.

Now, some may call me heatless for calling it like I see it, however, if anyone would like to compare what we all do in our spare time to help others, PM me and I'll be happy to compare with you with what we do in our spare time to help others (not including animals).

Honestly, and I'm being sincere, I don't care if you some of you think I'm an asshole because I'm giving you my honest opinion:D

Sush was complaining about his life a long time ago, and will be complaining until the day he dies, be it here on this forum or anywhere else. The other sure bet is that he will always be lusting after some women, and then telling everyone about it and thinking this is the one great love of his life. At times he seems worse than a 15 year old teenanger (yeah, I need a job, but got to keep those priorities straight, big tits and nice ass to wack off to because I know I'll never get HER).

People here giving him (Sush) a nice little pat on the back and telling him to hang in there is just like giving that guy on the corner money. I've given Sush some sound advice as well as others here. Guess where that advice goes to?

You can teach a man to fish to feed him for his lifetime, but that dosen't mean that he's going to take the time to go fishing EVEN if he is hungry.

Funny, the thread started by Sush about losing his job was locked per Sush's request. Know why? He can't take critisism for one thing. That's not a very good trait for being in sales.

I've got a new shirt that I'm wearing, and now everytime I wear it, I can't help but think of Sush.

"The pussification of America"

Mike brought this issue back up after it was locked. Who's going to cry to a moderator because I'm telling it like I see it? And, I'm staying on the topic, unlike some of you others:D

Last edited:

daedong

Daedong,
You are right about nations putting out propaganda but its not the U.S.. No other nation, not even every other nation combined matches the aid the U.S.

SnowCat If you believe that the USA does not put out propaganda you are simply nïave. If you also believe that the USA donate more aid than all other countries put together I am simply wasting my time trying to have a discussion with you.

Maybe it has something to do with Christianity and you won't admit it. Maybe it has something to do with Judeo-Christian values and you won't admit it? Maybe it has something to do with a Democratic form of government and you won't admit that either?

$500M to Saudia Arabia is a drop in the bucket. And what about Yemen? UAE? Iran? Quatar? Or what about other oil rich nations like Venezuela? Oh wait, none of those have a history of Christianity or real Democracy.

Bob it has nothing to do with admitting anything.
I was simply suggesting that there maybe other reasons than you suggested. If you bother to look you will find that the countries you mention have nowhere near the wealth of the USA.
USA GDP - per capita (PPP): $46,000 (2007 est.)
Saudi Arabia GDP - per capita (PPP): $20,700 (2007 est.)
Venezuela GDP - per capita (PPP): $12,800 (2007 est.)

The premise is that the USA attempts to reign in it's government where as countries like Australia the people prefer to be managed by their government and they can absolve themselves of their personal charity by hiding behind "government" charity.

You are wrong

I have never said I don't live in a lucky country. DON'T TRY AND TWIST WHAT I SAY.
Deadong, it just isn't polite to come into other peoples home and sling trash.
clip_image001.gif

I have not slung any trash, everything I have written has been carefully and politely worded, I have not attacked or slagged anybody, there just appears to be many thin skins here on FF that don't like even a hint of the facts.

This is as much my home as yours.

[FONT=&quot]
I think this guy is a victim of his own statement. Vin you always say your in the middle of the left and right. I think your middle marker is way to the left.

G'day mate!
[/FONT]

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, since I was stopped at that corner anyway, I put on my parking break and looked at him and told him to jump on in the truck. He looked at me puzzled and asked why. I told him that I needed an extra set of hands for work and that I would pay him good money to give me a days work. He looked at me and said "no thanks".

You know what? Sush reminds me of that guy.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: I work harder than anyother rep in that department! I wasnt givin ANY active accounts. NONE! And now I have 13 at weeks end today that are active. All the other reps were GIVEN active ones. How does THAT make you think of a guy with a sign that wont work??????

One of my past jobs I have a Bi-polar (seriously) boss that tracked me with GPS every second of the day. I had a 25 minute lunch and was paid $25K / year plus a small commission. He was nice one minute and then INSANE the next. I suffered through that for almost 2 years. There is a huge amount more to tell you what that guy did and I dont want to remember it.

When I was out of a job a few years back I worked with this guy for cash clearing sewage pipes.... grease traps and digging holes to install or repair sewage lines in restaurants!!!! Im smelled like greasy shit at the end of those days and ruined a few pairs of shoes, many jeans and shirts. But I did what I had to do to make it so I could support myself AND send a few bucks to my dad.

You are WAYYYYYYYY off base man. WAY off base!

dzalphakilo

Banned
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: I work harder than anyother rep in that department! I wasnt givin ANY active accounts. NONE! And now I have 13 at weeks end today that are active. All the other reps were GIVEN active ones. How does THAT make you think of a guy with a sign that wont work??????

One of my past jobs I have a Bi-polar (seriously) boss that tracked me with GPS every second of the day. I had a 25 minute lunch and was paid $25K / year plus a small commission. He was nice one minute and then INSANE the next. I suffered through that for almost 2 years. There is a huge amount more to tell you what that guy did and I dont want to remember it.

When I was out of a job a few years back I worked with this guy for cash clearing sewage pipes.... grease traps and digging holes to install or repair sewage lines in restaurants!!!! Im smelled like greasy shit at the end of those days and ruined a few pairs of shoes, many jeans and shirts. But I did what I had to do to make it so I could support myself AND send a few bucks to my dad.

You are WAYYYYYYYY off base man. WAY off base!

Anyone else but myself see the irony that the previous thread started by Sush was locked per Sush's own request and it seems we're right back where we started at?

Bottom line, in sales it's not how hard you work, but how much money (profit) you bring into the company you work for. Apparently, if you run the chance of being terminated, you aren't bringing in the sales (profit) or there are other issues at hand.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone else but myself see the irony that the previous thread started by Sush was locked per Sush's own request and it seems we're right back were we started at?

Bottom line, in sales it's not how hard you work, but how much money (profit) you bring into the company you work for. Apparently, if you run the chance of being terminated, you aren't bringing in the sales (profit) or there are other issues at hand.

I have concluded that you are arent an ass. You are a loving soul that accepts and grows by leaps. Youre also humble and well tempered. You ask and wait for information before jumping to conclusions. If you are incorrect you make it known, plus you appologise.
I tip my hat to you Sir. :tiphat:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Now, some may call me heatless for calling it like I see it, however, if anyone would like to compare what we all do in our spare time to help others, PM me and I'll be happy to compare with you with what we do in our spare time to help others (not including animals).
Honestly, and I'm being sincere, I don't care if you some of you think I'm an asshole because I'm giving my honest opinion:D
What kind of charity? writing a check? I could compare physical work. If you were the nice guy you claim then you would take your bulling tactics someplace else. Sushi has NEVER asked anyone for anything. He's just blowing off steam. We consider him a friend. Not like you who considers a friend someone that can do something for you.
Sush was complaining about his life a long time ago, and will be complaining until the day he dies, be it here on this forum or anywhere else.
So!......If you don't like it then go someplace else....because everyone complains.
The other sure bet is that he will always be lusting after some women, and then telling everyone about it and thinking this is the one great love of his life. At times he seems worse than a 15 year old teenanger (yeah, I need a job, but got to keep those priorities straight, big tits and nice ass to wack off to because I know I'll never get HER).
Now we get to the real reason you are so bitchy....You need to get laid! What does his love life have to do with your rant about his work?
Sush's request. Know why? He can't take critisism for one thing. That's not a very good trait for being in sales.
Sushi has taken nothing but critasizim from a bully like you, for the past couple of days

"The pussification of America"
Mike brought this issue back up after it was locked. Who's going to cry to a moderator because I'm telling it like I see it? And, I'm staying on the topic, unlike some of you others:D
You are the only cry baby here. Your a bully because you picked your target and keep hounding him. You chose to hurt as many as you can while doing it.

I have not slung any trash, everything I have written has been carefully and politely worded, I have not attacked or slagged anybody, there just appears to be many thin skins here on FF that don't like even a hint of the facts.
This is as much my home as yours.
[FONT=&quot]G'day mate![/FONT]
No you haven't attacked anyone personally,(yet) just as a nation. This forum is based in America Our home. People are going to be defensive when you start picking their home apart.....You started ok at first, but has gotten out of hand, now.

daedong

No you haven't attacked anyone personally,(yet) just as a nation. This forum is based in America Our home. People are going to be defensive when you start picking their home apart.....You started ok at first, but has gotten out of hand, now.

This forum is on the internet, it is home for all international folk to my knowledge, if it is not I will graciously leave, but may I add I have been here since FF started. Just a tad longer than you.
Once again I have not attacked anyone or their nation, If you think I have you are bloody sensitive and thin skinned.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I REST MY CASE

Snowcat I do hope you pass this information on to your son, If would be an injustice for him to not know the true facts.

tsunami_report_card_02.jpg

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3314

Looks to me like the Aussies talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The chart was intended to show how countries make grand pledges but then don't actually deliver. Australia only delivered a third of what it pledged.

In addition this chart is only based on Tsunami relief and does not show any sort of definitive world wide all inclusive numbers.

How much did Australia donate to Africa last year?

daedong

Looks to me like the Aussies talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The chart was intended to show how countries make grand pledges but then don't actually deliver. Australia only delivered a third of what it pledged.

In addition this chart is only based on Tsunami relief and does not show any sort of definitive world wide all inclusive numbers.

How much did Australia donate to Africa last year?

:pat::pat:
We were talking about private donations, or are we going to twist that as well. And we were not talking about Australia we were talking about the USA giving more the the whole of the rest of the world put together.

American Woman

Site Supporter
This forum is on the internet, it is home for all international folk to my knowledge, if it is not I will graciously leave, but may I add I have been here since FF started. Just a tad longer than you.
Once again I have not attacked anyone or their nation, If you think I have you are bloody sensitive and thin skinned.
Yeah I'm sensitive and thin skinned.......I'm a girl. :blush:
I wasn't meaning the forum was home. America is.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I found this intersting PDF (too big to reproduce here):

http://gpr.hudson.org/files/publications/Index2007ExecutiveSummary.pdf

The 2007 Index of Global Philanthropy examines the sources and magnitude
of U.S. private giving and documents real-life examples of
private giving to the developing world. The Index challenges the
outdated and incomplete measure used by the Organisation for
Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), which compares
developed countries solely on the basis of their government foreign aid. Chart
1 on the following page shows that, as a percentage of gross national income, the
U.S. ranks toward the bottom of donor nations—20th of 22.
This surprises many Americans, as they think of America as a generous country. As
Chart 2 shows, the United States is, at $28 billion, by far the largest donor in
absolute amounts, more than twice the next-largest donor, Japan. The OECD
measure also excludes America’s private giving, which was three and one half
times the amount of U.S. official aid in 2005 (the most recent data).

This appears to be a more accurate representation (the USA still beats Australia):

daedong

PB, good graph, it confirms that the USA does not give more than the rest of the world put together. Thanks for your help.:smile:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
STOP IT!!!!!

This is just bickering. America as a whole spends more money helping. PERIOD!
And if certain folks care to rip me, then do it with intelligence. Its obvious the ones that do havent read much of who I am. That makes YOU uninformed.

This WHOLE FREAKIN THREAD is due to a lack of knowledge or someone wanting to prove one correct via a bull shit handjob.

If you want to parse the stats then do it and provide proof. If you care to bash ME then research me you ball-scratching apes!

Now.... let us move forward. Screw it. Lets have FUN! This really really needs to stop. :thumb:

mak2

Hummm, and those are pretty durn socialist countries that out give us. Wonder if that means something?

mak2

STOP IT!!!!!

This is just bickering. America as a whole spends more money helping. PERIOD!
And if certain folks care to rip me, then do it with intelligence. Its obvious the ones that do havent read much of who I am. That makes YOU uninformed.

This WHOLE FREAKIN THREAD is due to a lack of knowledge or someone wanting to prove one correct via a bull shit handjob.

If you want to parse the stats then do it and provide proof. If you care to bash ME then research me you ball-scratching apes!

Now.... let us move forward. Screw it. Lets have FUN! This really really needs to stop. :thumb:

Oh,sorry Sushi, I did not realize this thread was ripping you. I was just skipping to the end and reading a few posts. Dang, you are sure angry. Sorry if I contributed in any way.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Personally, I'd like to see the US stop giving it's paltry little % to the rest of the world. I'm not so sure we are seeing any real return on our investment.

daedong

Personally, I'd like to see the US stop giving it's paltry little % to the rest of the world. I'm not so sure we are seeing any real return on our investment.
I agree I am not sure Australia does either, Fuk em all!:ermm: