• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Remember this!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bears.jpg

leadarrows

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I thaught you were serious when I went through oc training we were taught to spray the nose and eye area for the best effect not the air now any one want to go bear hunting this fall I have a few hippi tree huggers from la tied up.

Distraction. "Bait" is insensitive. Plus when you tell them hippies that they're there to distract the "hunters" they'll be completely compliant. Willing, even. Glad to help. Givvem a coupla brownies, and they're golden.

Brownies = Hippie Bait, so I 'spect Don has that base covered already. For medicinal purposes only, of course.