• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Fiberglass Pontoon Repair

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This pontoon seems to be the worst out of my four. The west system epoxy, hardner, and adhesive additive is working out well. Replaced a few rail bolts and patched the holes.

How much room do you think I have to add some epoxy to the outside under the outside bearing support retainer cap whatchamucalit? This is where I would want to add support if it is even needed. Putting it on the inside does not look like it would do anything looking at the way it is designed all the weight is carried on the outside and down the protruded supports. I also looks like there is steel inside these pontoons for support.

I would tape the inside to make a wall and pour epoxy about 1/8 inch over the area I already worked in the picture. That will cause a shift in the whole pontoon inward but it appears there is room.

Anyone try or do this yet? I plan to pour where the patches are and the rollers wore it out as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 86