• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sailing!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Always wanted to try it. Got my chance yesterday in the city. Not much of a sail though since the wind was barely blowing and we had to use the deisel engine for about half the run. I can't wait to actually get out when the wind is blowing for a full day of sailing. :clap:

Hopefully next time we'll get out on the other side of the breakwall out into lake superior.

Attachments

• 20120702_181.jpg
    20120702_181.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20120702_191.jpg
    20120702_191.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 20120702_187.jpg
    20120702_187.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20120702_255.jpg
    20120702_255.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 138

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Never been sailing. Been on a bunch of sailboats but never when they were underway. Looks like a nice boat. Bet it's beautiful inside!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It is nice inside! Allot of nice woodwork but it's currently being reno'd so allot of mess in there right now. Sleeps 7 people in it. 42' long. Not much room at the back though for more then a few people. Was a really nice ride.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have had power boats and sail boats. By far we enjoyed the sail much more.

My 27' Tanzer was a weekend draw for over 20 years and though I still have it, cannot afford put it in the water. There is nothing more peaceful that a well trimmed set broad reach on a good day with a friend, tiller in one hand and a cool drink in the other.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure looks like fun Brian. I would love to spend some time on a big sail boat someday.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have had power boats and sail boats. By far we enjoyed the sail much more.

There is nothing more peaceful that a well trimmed set broad reach on a good day with a friend, tiller in one hand and a cool drink in the other.

I couldn't agree more. Power is great if you actually have to go or get someplace but sail is a completely different world.

I used to crew for a friend many years ago on his 36 footer. It was a lot of fun although these days I don't know if I'd like to be heeled over all the time. When we were out in San Francisco in May, we hired a 50 foot catamaran for the afternoon. It was a blast. On the homeward leg that thing was flying. Now that's the way to go.