• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Leaking Transmission Fluid

snowbird

I have a little transmission fluid oozing out around the bolt pattern on one of the drive sprockets on my SV200 SkiDozer:ermm:. Best guess: seal, bearing and seal, or something even worse? Could I run it for this winter (no snow right now, could keep eye on fluid level?) I'm getting pretty old for taking the track apart and putting it back together.:sad:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
in the military we had 3 classes of leaks class 1 was a wet spot a class2 would leave a drop on a ground after a while a class 3 would form a puddle class 1 and 2 we would only observe a class 3 would require a repair be advised if there is a seal leaking it could be caused by a loose bering allowing a shaft to move around