• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Karcher Pressure Sprayer

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got my pressure sprayer out for the first time this year and brought it up to the cabin to clean our deck. I hooked up the water and the water is running from under the pump. I typically keep the sprayer in my mechanical room but this last winter I left it in my heated garage. Well one of the daughters left the door open one time and I am sure that is when the pump froze up. :hammer::hammer: So now I have a 5 year old pressure sprayer with a great running 5 HP engine on it and a bad pump. While searching for a new pump online I found many reviews on my sprayer that were not good. Many of the reviews were inline with my experiences. So now I have to decide if I should buy a new pump which is about half the price of a new unit or buy a new unit. If I get a new pump will I have the same disappointments old one?

murph

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an oops with my pressure sprayer this year too. I wasn't watching the hose and working in small quarters. The hose laid on top of the engine and melted a few holes in it............OOPS.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't found one locally. But Northern Tool has one for $15. Most I have seen in the box stores have pipe thread fittings at one end or both.
Here's the one I need.........

Attachments

• 32090_lg.gif
    32090_lg.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 410

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The one I have is the curled up one that came with the unit. It is a piece of sh*t to work with as it is so stiff. They had an optional one that was about sixty bucks more but I was too cheap.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got my pressure sprayer out for the first time this year and brought it up to the cabin to clean our deck. I hooked up the water and the water is running from under the pump. I typically keep the sprayer in my mechanical room but this last winter I left it in my heated garage. Well one of the daughters left the door open one time and I am sure that is when the pump froze up. :hammer::hammer: So now I have a 5 year old pressure sprayer with a great running 5 HP engine on it and a bad pump. While searching for a new pump online I found many reviews on my sprayer that were not good. Many of the reviews were inline with my experiences. So now I have to decide if I should buy a new pump which is about half the price of a new unit or buy a new unit. If I get a new pump will I have the same disappointments old one?

murph

I bet the pump's half the price of a new pressure washer, Murph. Take it from there. :neutral:

After doing some searching on the web I did find one place that sold the pump for $139.00. Has a little better psi on it so I am wondering if they did make some changes. My pump is 2400psi at 2.5 gals and the new one is 2700 psi at 2.5 gals.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Go for the pump. Most washers don't get used enough to justify the cost anyway. I keep mine in the basement along with my outboard motor to protect them from freezing.