• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kubota 23 wont shut off..........

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Called the dealer, he showed me the fuel shut off valve, now it is off, but...it still wont shut off with key.........

dealer says water in the system, give it time to dry out............4 hours later still wont shut off and the blinkers stay on. I blew out the switches and he described the light problem to a t.

I did short out, tractor stopped, the connection in under the seat, but it still would shut off etc after that.

are there any other fuses that could have blown and not be in the fuse block?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did short out, tractor stopped, the connection in under the seat, but it still would shut off etc after that.

How did you short out the connection? Are you saying the tractor would start and stop as normal after you shorted it out? I'm confused. :confused:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've heard of this in the past and the resolution has been to replace a blown fuse. I don't know where they're all located but check the fuses in the block one more time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I googled and found this:
just double check the fuse for the auxiliary power supply. if it blows it disables the engine stop system.

They also said there was a kill lever on the engine. You pull it back towards the rear of the tractor to shut down the engine. Probably a pic in your manual.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys. The fuel cutoff switch on the fuel pump is what is not functioning correctly..........in other words not cutting off the fuel. The lever for manually doing this is right beside it, and you pull it to the front of the tractor. This works for now. I have a voltmeter coming next week to check it with.

kubota dealer has been very helpful, since I am not trailering it for the ride up there over this. If the selenoid is bad, will get locally unless they can ship to me cheap.................

What about this auxiliary power block fuse.............going to look at the manual, seems there SHOULD be a fuse in that line............will let you know

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
How did you short out the connection? Are you saying the tractor would start and stop as normal after you shorted it out? I'm confused. :confused:

the auxiliary power pigtail in the back, sprayer, touched the metal on the rollbar.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
:applause: :applause: :rock: :rock: FIXED:popcorn: :thankyou2 :thewave: :thewave:

Now to get power back there correctly and have an outlet to plug into so this does not happen again.

20 amp fuse, blown at the bottom of the fuse, not in the middle so you could see it well