• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Haflinger -or- Mini Truck -or- RTV ???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Bob ,
Have you ever considered a "Coot" ? They go about anywhere ,even through water . They swivel and are 4x4 . They were made in the 70's and early 80's I believe . Ranch neighbor had one ,that thing would go anywhere . Price should be a lot less than what your looking at and parts are avalible .

So where would I find one for sale?

Also, the rear area looks better suited to seating than to carrying cargo, is there some sort of cargo bed that can drop in or does the seat fold to form a cargo bed?

That thing certainly is awesome looking and would probably suit my needs.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Spiffy1 said:
Cool machine BigAl! Is it actually amphibious, or do the wheels need to touch the bottom for crossing water?

Nope ! This thing will float and go across open water at about 2-3 knots max. More if you have the prop attachment . The problem is the two halves of the body are usally rusted because people would park them outside and rain would fill them up .They have a B&S motor . You should be able to get a great one in super condition for about $3500 .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
So where would I find one for sale?

Also, the rear area looks better suited to seating than to carrying cargo, is there some sort of cargo bed that can drop in or does the seat fold to form a cargo bed?

That thing certainly is awesome looking and would probably suit my needs.

These things were a "big hit" with Duck hunters and ranchers . You should be able to find one doing a search on the internet . I think you could modify it to carry cargo easy enough .

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Get the Cub for your wife and then you can get yourself something else :D

...It would earn you alot of points, I'll bet ....

OH...and did I mentiom that you can get tracks for the Cub ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So Bob,

Did you ever take this any further ???? Or have you moved on to other things ? I still vote for a Coot .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still in the consideration stages! But I'd say if I get one this year the Haflinger is very high on the list of desireable vehicles.

I've dug around for Coots and they seem to be very inexpensive, very capable and very beaten up.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
:angry3: :mad:

The Bobcat Toolcat I really wanted is officially off my list now. First Bob makes me buy this Jeep. What am I going to do with this Jeep now anyway Bob!? Today I finally got 3 estimates for a Bobcat Toolcat decked out exactly the way I'd want, sans the rear 3 pt. hitch. That would have to be added later. Only the rear remotes and PTO are available now. Other than that, my ONLY options were a 72" front finish mower, a 63" HD front bucket, rear work lights, and a stereo system.

Let's hear what guesses are for a Toolcat equipped exactly as I described! C'mon, let's hear the guesses...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Let's hear what guesses are for a Toolcat equipped exactly as I described! C'mon, let's hear the guesses...
Just a guess but $25,900

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't see why it should top 29,900 either, but if it made Dargo squirm, I'm going to say $32,800.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
He doesn't need a Toolcat anyway....he needs a PT :D

It probably isn't what he wants (nor do I think any cheaper); but it does have a cab, and they have all kinds of attachments! Mostly just thought this webpage was pretty cool and been waiting for an excuse to post it somewhere. The slope in a few of the first pictures looks just spooky!

Attachments

• Saville_Dam.jpg
    Saville_Dam.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 183

OkeeDon

Found this quote in a review of the machine:
The Toolcat 5600 with heat and air conditioning (highly recommended) lists for $32,500. Add $3800 for the mower, $4000 for the snow blower, $1900 for the snow blade, $2000 for the post hole auger and $525 for the versatile bucket.
I added it up in my head, but I think it comes out to $44,725.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
OkeeDon said:
Found this quote in a review of the machine:I added it up in my head, but I think it comes out to $44,725.

Add in the "hi flow" hydraulics (highly recommended id I later want to add any PTO items) and the rear PTO and that gives you a total that cracks the $50,000 mark! :eek: Oh yeah, since the posting of what Don had read, prices have gone up. I didn't even price a PHD or a snow blower.

I'm officially running away scared now! :tiphat: Is it just me, or isn't that a bit much for basically a glorified yard cart?!