• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need a fuel pump for an IMP

Bobmog

Help. Varnish has taken over my fuel pump. Does anyone know of a source for a new fuel pump for a 1404 Imp? Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks Bob

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Mine has had an electric fuel pump added.

If you really want an original one take it off and take it to a Napa store :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would agree with 'pixie' and just have the pumped cleaned and possibly rebuilt. As long as the parts are all there, a local shop should be able to take care of it.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
For the Ford V4 industrial engine, try your local New Holland farm equipment dealer as this engine was used in their farm equipment line.

The last one I purchased was from Northern Engine Supply in Hibbing MN. The part number you need is 72TF-9350-BB from Northern Engine. The web site link is posted below.

http://www.northernengine.com/

Another source is NAPA, but you will need to build spacers for the mounting bolts holes as the Imp is metric and the part number M6564 is standard thread bolts from a Mercury Capri as I recall. I was never able to get an exact fit at NAPA.

As Pixie said you can always convert to an electric if you are unable to get a mechanical pump.

Bill

Teeoster

If intersted I have a complete running V-4 out of my 1404 to sell. In the process of changing it out to a V-6 right now. Only issue is location, I live in Michigan

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What kinda money are you looking for ? I would love to have a back up engine for my Kristi KT7.

Teeoster

How about $300 to $400 plus shipping. Its a leaker so it would need new seals and a nice bath, tune up, paint. Dosen't burn oil:) Got anything to trade?? Snow Cat parts, winches, women, booze, ect......

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Teeoster said:
How about $300 to $400 plus shipping. Its a leaker so it would need new seals and a nice bath, tune up, paint. Dosen't burn oil:) Got anything to trade?? Snow Cat parts, winches, women, booze, ect......

BigAl,
Thats a pretty good price for what you are looking for. A bottle of cheap booze, promise of a good time women or wench in the future and a box of old cushman trackster parts should work.....:yum: Actually the $300 might be cheaper and cost you less in the end. I would guess if you decide to buy the engine, some of the members here may be able to help get it to you and save the freight cost.

Bill

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al, don't you have some sort of unused funky fiberglass bathtub thingy with tracks on the side that you can trade for that engine? :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
One thing I forgot to ask . Is it a 104 Cu.In. Ford V-4 ?
How about ex wifes ???? She is a bit bitchy but I don't think she leaks oil :yankchain: .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Hey Al, don't you have some sort of unused funky fiberglass bathtub thingy with tracks on the side that you can trade for that engine? :yum:

At least my "Bathtub thingy" will be used in the snow . Are you still using your "Cornfield Flyer" to pick ears of corn with and chase the nieghbors dog???:yum:
I have offered the trade of a perfectly good "one owner" exwife . She's not a oil burner but she is one of those old carburated jobs that often backfires . I think it is something to do with her tuning . She is "timed" way to fast and heats up ! Nice paint job but quite a bit of Bondo was used in the restoration and makeover . :yum:

She has plenty of power . She has left more than one set on black marks up my ass in the past !:horsepoop:

Teeoster

Big Al, it is a 104ci. and I would be willing to include my ex-wife with it. She's even dirty than the old Ford engine, but with some new seals and a few well placed rubber plugs could be servicable again:)