• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Teen gets branded a felon for life for robbing man of 7 cents

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Teen gets branded a felon for life for robbing man of 7 cents | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

The link to the story above talks about the INJUSTICE of our legal system. Oh the horror of "branding" this young man for life as a "felon" because he robbed a man of 7-cents. As the story says, "a mere 7-cents."

But wait, there is more. The punk actually knocked down a 70+ year old man and kicked him in the face and robbed him of everything he had. It just so happens that the old fella only had 7 cents. Would the headline read differently if the old man had $70.00 or $700.00 in his wallet instead of simply 7-cents in his pocket.

The punk picked an easy target, he expected to get more loot. He got less than he expected in cash, but he got what he deserves in terms of a new burden to bear as he carries the tag FELON for the rest of his life.

The punk's lawyer proclaimed that the judge was making the misguided youth a felon for the rest of his life for only 7 cents. No, that is not what happened. The kid made himself a felon for the rest of his life, it just so happened that he only got 7 cents because he picked a target who didn't carry cash.

JMO and if you disagree you are wrong :hammer:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
You pay the cost to be the boss. Justice was served. Lucky he's not doing hard time for assault.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
lucky the old man didn't die - he'd be doing more time than for simple assault...
nice to see some common sense coming out of a courtroom for once.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Good. What a waste of a human life. I am talking of course about the teen. Dumbass.

But there is one thing I agree with. "It was only 7 cents."

Yup. The kid ruined his life for 'only 7 cents'.

Let me repeat: Dumbass.

SShepherd

Imagine how it would have been spun.....

"Elderly man shoots teen to protect 7cents"

not "Elderly man defends himself, killing attacker"

the news makes me sick

Lia

Banned
Demmed right the Judge called it right. The teen is nothing less than a thug, who kicked and beat an elderly man. What kind of mentality would even feel that it is okay to hit anyone, unprovoked, much less an elderly person of seventy?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He needs to do some jail time where the story will let the others know what he did. Then justice will be served by the other inmates. They have a low tolerance for child molesters and those who harm old folks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of mentality would even feel that it is okay to hit anyone, unprovoked, much less an elderly person of seventy?

That which would do the same to their own (elderly) family member..
If the little creep could do this to a total stranger, just imagine..
Makes me fume..