• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

North Korea attacks South Korea

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
While most of y'all were sleeping, the North Koreans were lobbing artillery at South Korea, killing at least one person. Time to see how the community organizer handles this situation. He'll probably send Hillary to straighten the problem out, since he has no experience in international affairs.

Source

BREAKING NEWS -- North Korea shot dozens of rounds of artillery onto a populated South Korean island near their disputed western border Tuesday, prompting South Korea to return fire and scramble fighter jets, military officials said. At least one South Korean marine reportedly was killed.
The skirmish came amid high tension over North Korea's claim that it has a new uranium enrichment facility and just over a month after North Korean leader Kim Jong Il unveiled his youngest son Kim Jong Un as his heir apparent.
South Korea's YTN television said one South Korean marine was killed and that two people were injured. The report said several houses were on fire and shells were still falling on Yeonpyeong island, which is about 60 miles (100 kilometers) west of the coast. The station broadcast pictures of thick columns of black smoke rising from the island.
Yonhap news agency, quoting a military official, said four soldiers were wounded.

112210_nkskfire.jpg
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/23/skorea-nkorea-fires-artillery-island/#ixzz165mKWAze

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Re: North Korea shelled South Korean island

North Korea piss me off...South Korea has shown how with the right mind set you can change a Country for the better,the North are financially in the shit and always making demands with threats of war...they are no more than a Terrorist state,i really do feel sorry for the North Korean civilians trapped in this awful Dictatorship.

Another problem that can only be sorted with a Bloodshed.

SShepherd

yup, this could get bad. We all knew it was coming though. Everything will hinge on how barry, and china acts. I don't think russia will have much involvment as i don't see them as having much to gain, unless they sell arms to N.korea.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
yup, this could get bad. We all knew it was coming though. Everything will hinge on how barry, and china acts. I don't think russia will have much involvment as i don't see them as having much to gain, unless they sell arms to N.korea.

I think i would be more worried about China and how they decide to play this . I think it would be best if N Korea no longer existed . They will always be a thorn in the worlds side .

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I think i would be more worried about China and how they decide to play this . I think it would be best if N Korea no longer existed . They will always be a thorn in the worlds side .

+1

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree but now that they have nukes it makes it less likely any country will put them down. We knew it was coming ... just didn't know when.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It could be a real possibility of there being a future problem of getting parts for Korean made vehicles and tractors if this escalates as N. Korea wants. The Hyundai/Kia manufacturing facility as well as Daedong are targets for N. Korea.

I don't have any Korean tractor, but I do have a 2011 Korean car. Hope it doesn't come to that. If this drags out to be a long conflict between the North and South, which is very possible, I hope the plants here in the U.S. are tooled up to make the parts. I know the 2011 Sorento I bought my daughter was "made" here in the U.S. However, I don't know if that just means that all the parts were shipped over here and they were just assembled here or not. I have no clue if Daedong/Kioti has any plant here in the U.S.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think that the Russians or the Chinese are going to go to war to support the North Koreans. Neither have anything to gain and both have a great deal to loose. Both have been absorbed into the wider world market place, especially China, and realize what side their financial bread is buttered on. They may jump up and down and posture but they too know that the North Koreans are dangerous and unpredictable.

The North Korean military is much like Saddam's "million man army". It's populated with fanatics but for the most part it's filled by people who join for "three square a day". It's better to be a well fed soldier than a starving civilian and they will surrender in droves after a week or two.

On the other hand, there are the nukes. It only takes one finger on a button to start that whole mess. Once any serious conflict starts, the North will realize that it is done for and will want to inflict the maximum amount of damage while it still can so nukes will not be a weapon of last resort but rather, may be the first. I'm sure that the US commanders in the theater know that and once the red flag goes up their nukes will be the first thing to go.

SShepherd

I'm sure the pentagon has played wargames on this for decades.

That being said, the comment was made about N.korea feeling nothing to lose-- and thats the wild card. They already have almost nothing to lose, as their people are starving and the dictators are bleeding the country dry. Look out if they feel backed into a corner with no way out. Kim Jong Il is one wacked out, excentric communist- HE is the largest consumer of Hennessy in the world (reported annual purchases topping $700,000) BTW, the average income of a N.Korean is $900.

Well see how a guy with no international expierience ( Barry ) plays this one. I wonder if he'll play the apology game again:whistling:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPjKu80iak"]YouTube - TIMBERLAND - TOO LATE TOO APOLOGIZE[/ame]

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I am sure North Korea will screw over some nation for a shipment of Oil and goodies and just like many times before they will go quiet for a few months.

Act like Terrorist then they should get treated like them.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not looking good according to the news tonight . I would not be surprised to see us in a full blown war by tomorrow morning . Jesus , where is this world going too .
Its obvious that S. Korea does not want to be part of N. Korea. 50 fucking years these less than human N.K. idiots have beem trying to incite another conflict . Its time to end this for good .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We should have taken care of this back in the 50's. The Japs and Nazis were never an issue after we did what needed done. Now it will be much worse for everyone.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Which we should have dealt with in 79. The inaction by Carter led to a lot of the terrorist shit that is going on now.

When Carter sold out the Shah or Iran, he got the ball rolling to where we are today...