• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you call ...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Curious as to what answers we get.

Attachments

• WhatDoYouCall.jpg
    WhatDoYouCall.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 134

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This is really quite interesting.

I grew up in Scotland calling it the "heel" and that is what everybody I know called it. It's interesting that many Americans call it the same thing. You see, we are not two nations divided by a coomon language after all. :biggrin:

Kane

Yes, we all grew up calling it the heel. But today, the liberal cry babies would declare HEEL to be an inflammatory, insulting racist moniker that must be banned from use in our multicultural society.

We wouldn't want to make anyone feel "uncomfortable", now would we?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, we all grew up calling it the heel. But today, the liberal cry babies would declare HEEL to be an inflammatory, insulting racist moniker that must be banned from use in our multicultural society.

We wouldn't want to make anyone feel "uncomfortable", now would we?

According to Webster, the description of a heel is "an inconsiderate or untrustworthy person". A scoundrel, rogue, rascal, reprobate, miscreant, beast, rat, louse, swine, snake, scumbag, scuzzball and last but not least stinker.

All very apt descriptions of a liberal, but not the much sought after end piece of a nice loaf of fresh out of the oven homemade bread. Which, by the way, is much more valuable then a liberal. :yum::big grin::yum::biggrin:

Doc, aren't you glad you are the OP of this thread? LOL

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heel is what we call it also. I've never heard it called anything else.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Cat, I did and Webster defines gab ion is as follows: a basket or cage filled with earth or rocks and used especially in building a support or abutment

Am I mistaken?

:yum: sorry I couldn't resist I ran across that word recently so now I am using it everywhere as a goof. Yes it is a basket of rocks. That's why I put the grinning green face. I apologize. Yeah I know I have a warped sense of humor.

Everything I've seen the end of bread is called the "heel." I suppose I'm also a "heel" for my "Gabion" goof? :unsure:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
:yum: sorry I couldn't resist I ran across that word recently so now I am using it everywhere as a goof. Yes it is a basket of rocks. That's why I put the grinning green face. I apologize. Yeah I know I have a warped sense of humor.

Everything I've seen the end of bread is called the "heel." I suppose I'm also a "heel" for my "Gabion" goof? :unsure:

My wife tried to tell me it was a joke. She always says I never listen. I be thinking she is right. :biggrin:

You got me. Enjoy the moment, my friend. Now the rest of us have learned a new word. :yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cat, I did and Webster defines gab ion is as follows: a basket or cage filled with earth or rocks and used especially in building a support or abutment

Am I mistaken?

On the farm we have gabion baskets set flush with the dirt. They are used at the top or a point of consolidation of water through a property line (think small ravine) of a vegitated water way, to spead the water that enters them across the width of the basket. Below them we make a flat bottom in the waterway. This keeps the water from consolidating into a narrow, and damaging stream. They are filled with large limestone rocks, and one would think that they would fill with silt over time. Remarkably they don't. The big rains that brings them large amounts of run off water washes them out once again.:smile:

They work lot better than I thought they would when we installed them. JFYI..

Regards, Kirk