• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

To pee or not to pee?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
...in the shower. That is the question.

As we drove back from Winnipeg on monday we discussed a variety of topics. One of which was peeing in the shower. The wife brought up the subject first. We discussed it at great length while driving.

Years ago, a close friend of mine tried to shame me for peeing in the shower. Apparently my tinkling habits were a barbaric way of life and I should simply use the toilet before I step in the shower. So it's good to know that I'm somewhat vindicated by the recent "Go with the Flow" campaign at the University of East Anglia, where students are being encouraged to go number one while washing up.

Slate writes:

The shower-cum-loo initiative is the work of two of the university's students, Debs Torr and Chris Dobson.

Mr Dobson said: "We've done the maths, and this project stands to have a phenomenal impact. With 15,000 students at UEA, over a year we would save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times over. Imagine how big an impact it could have if we could get everyone in East Anglia, or even the UK, to change their morning habits."

So basically I'm a Planeteer.

Saving the planet is a cool bonus, but this is just a matter of efficiency. The scenario that warrants a good shower whiz is simple: You step in the shower. You feel like you have to pee. Getting out of the shower doesn't make logistical sense. There's a drain there, so you use it. I'm also not against premeditated shower peeing. I've tried peeing beforehand as a habit, but efficiency always wins out.

Is this unhygienic, you're wondering?

"As long as the water is flowing there is no hygiene risk as urine is sterile but we would encourage that every person using the same shower consents to the challenge and if not that they don't take part," Dobson told the BBC.

I'm no scientist, but I haven't died from it yet so I think I'm fine. Do what you want, but this is what it means to take a shower: to get all the dirt off of you. Dirt is literally being washed off of your body and into the drain. Look, it just washed over your feet. You walked around the dirty floors in your house with your bare feet and hopped in the shower.

Pee is nothing. You know why? You're in the shower. Soap is right there. You're gonna do this again tomorrow because this is a first world country. Men do it, and women do it. Children, too. And there've been plenty of polls about your preference. This is another case where the idea of shower peeing is more gross than the logic behind it.

Out of respect, the one thing I won't do now is pee in the shower of a friend or person whose house I'm staying over. Can't say I haven't done it before though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It becomes more of an issue when there's more than one person using the shower in the home (I live alone), but even then I'm not freaked out by someone else's potential piss. The suds will do their job.

I rest my case.

So what about you? Do you pee in the shower?:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is all going down the same pipe to the same hole in the ground!:whistling:The wife gets wound up if i pee on her leg though......:yum::yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How did this conversation go Brian? Just wondering. Did you tell your wife you do, or that you don't? Do you both use the same shower? At the same time? :thumb: :D

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
How did this conversation go Brian? Just wondering. Did you tell your wife you do, or that you don't? Do you both use the same shower? At the same time? :thumb: :D

I like the fact his marriage is open and free to talk about all.....please dont take the piss:yum::yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I admit it, I have done it. I can't say that I make a habit of it, it's not a way of life, but a man has to go when a man has to go.

I also whizz outside almost as much as I whizz in the house but I probably spend almost as much time outside as I do indoors. I do live 'way out in the country so, if I lived in town, I would probably have to change my toilet habits ... or get arrested. :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I admit it, I have done it. I can't say that I make a habit of it, it's not a way of life, but a man has to go when a man has to go.

I also whizz outside almost as much as I whizz in the house but I probably spend almost as much time outside as I do indoors. I do live 'way out in the country so, if I lived in town, I would probably have to change my toilet habits ... or get arrested. :)
:agree: Ditto for me on all counts. :thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dayum. I met my match on that one. Lmao. Was a good lengthy conversation and we both agreed the occasional tinkle in the shower was acceptable. Now. Baths on the other hand are off limits.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmmm 'tinkle' makes me wonder ....do girls pee in the shower? What do ya think, or know?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You guessed it. Lol. I was shocked to discover that apparently girls do "tinkle" in the shower occasionally

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have gone in my shower when piss-drunk.

i've gone many a place- namely in hidden areas or alleyways- when drunk; if u gotta pee, u gottta pee.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Pee in the shower? Sure, and sometimes I even have the water on...
In my younger days, I would often stand at the door and pee in the shower when under the influence of "the morning wood." Then just turn on the water and wash down the wall and floor. That thing just wouldn't bend enough to hit the toilet, and still get a good flow without being painful. Kind of like a kink in a hose.:brows:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
In my younger days, I would often stand at the door and pee in the shower when under the influence of "the morning wood." Then just turn on the water and wash down the wall and floor. That thing just wouldn't bend enough to hit the toilet, and still get a good flow without being painful. Kind of like a kink in a hose.:brows:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

I'm so old that I can barely remember those days. :yum: