• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tuckers in WA, still need useable rollers

muley180

Hello. Somewhat new. I have a 1983 542A, steel tracker. Called Tucker and this is one of the last steel trackers made. My loss. I need some useable rollers. Just something to get me by for awhile. I also would like to connect with other Tucker owners in Washington for info swap, bragging rights, (as you already know, I have none) and any help I can get getting the old girl at least useable. I have had it for 3 years and the only time I have driven it is off the trailer. It has fairly low hours and I have done some engine and electrical work and it runs like a swiss clock. The tracks are killing me. My Tucker is in Roy WA and I live in Bonney Lake. Would like to connect with other Tucker owners in my area. Help! Thanks!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can purchase new rollers for that year or rebuild your current ones depending on the year. Check with the Tucker dealer in Vermont.

Hey Muley - I have a 53 Tucker 443A and I am located in North Bend, WA.
My rig needs a lot of work in the pontoon/track department, but the flathead mopar engine runs real sweet.

srexecmark

I am also in Washington. My Tucker is in the middle of the Cascades 20 miles North of Roslyn. I use it for accessing my house which is on a very steep side hill at 3500'. The last two years I had over 10' of snow by the end of Feb. My Tucker is a 1978 and has the newer style steel tracks. It never lets me down. It lives up on the property, so I don't take it to other places to joy ride, if that is possible in something that goes 15 MPH tops :wink:

muley180

I know the area well. Are you up around Salmon La Sac? I thought a good winter run up Fortune Creek would be fun. Maybe try to make it up to Gallager Head Lake.

srexecmark

Since that area is a Groomed trail, it is for snowmobiles only except under a special use permit. They enforce it, so you may want to contact the USFS in Cle Elum. I use my Sno-Cat mostly on Private land away from the groomed trail. Tuckers and speeding snowmobilers do not mix well at all.

Catless

Hello:

I 'spect your are the one trying to sell the Tucker parts on E-bay at the moment. I might be interested in your front 5'th wheel parts. Having said that, it would be a push for me to drive from N. Nevada to Wa to pick up. Send a P.M. if you are willing to arrange shipping. I am more than willing to pay the freight charges.

Thank you!

Catless

Has any one looked into replacing the steel rollers with Polyurethane ones? if you do a google search for "polyurethane rollers" you will find several manufactures who will make any size to fit or even sell long stock that you can then cut to size. Seems like this might be a good solution to a common problem.

AdkSnowcat

I'm sure curious about trying polyurethane rollers. I hope someone will try.

Right now I can use one worn roller to replace one lost. I bought a new one from Cook's; but I need to modify my roller guides (for my worn rollers) so that they don't skip on the sprockets. I know it is not the perfect solution but it should be good for some light local use. The new roller won't work with the modified track guides.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy one pretty used but still working roller? Thanks!