• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

USR TrackMaster

towingbeast

Have Utah Scientific Research TrackMaster for sale. completely operational have rebuilt tracks and final drive, low miles according to odometer, needs paint work, engine runs great, every thing works. contact Dan at 530 827 2617 or email at towingbeast@yahoo.com.

Attachments

• DSC01086.JPG
    DSC01086.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC01089.JPG
    DSC01089.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC01091.JPG
    DSC01091.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 446

towingbeast

I bought it 5 years ago, near Reno, NV. I am establishing price as I go since I can not find any to compare with, Maybe will go to EBAY. I know I will not accept $3500. Help me establish a price that I can live with and the buyer is happy with. I don't believe that "safety" had this one.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
:shock: :pat:

And you paid what, $2K for your last one?

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
unbelievable, ain't it? Absolutely unbelievable. What a parasitic opportunist. $20,000 is so ridiculous ... it's like saying: "Just gotta find the right buyer for my green Pinto...there's collectors out that that I can hose real, real gooooood!"
Oh, sorry, did that come out too strong? ;)
Oh, and I'm sure he's just trying to recover his costs from five years ago...right? If he paid anywhere North of $5K for that then ... then it's ridiculous... so back to that opportunistic part? ;) Any reason why he chose not accepting $3,500??? ROFL

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Dewd!
My chico-pinto low-rider will smoke your pacer any day at fiesta!
Pinto-stallion-power!

towingbeast

You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine, You do not set price and I do not have to sell at what you think, This unit does not have to be sold.
Thank You
Dan

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Take the Mainer with a grain of salt (or even a couple of bucks if I can dig them up!). He's a bit spastic over the old Thiokols. :rolleyes:

I guess you two negotiated from opposite sides of the pond, eh? :yum:

towingbeast

Can any one give me information on were this unit fits in snowcat history. I have not had contact with Mainer before but he/she has a right to his/her opinion.
Thanks
Dan

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Can any one give me information on were this unit fits in snowcat history. I have not had contact with Mainer before but he/she has a right to his/her opinion.
Thanks
Dan

I knew it it should be Main/her:yum: not Mainer so now that Im towingbeast's
freind maybe he will sell it to me for 4K:brows:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine, You do not set price and I do not have to sell at what you think, This unit does not have to be sold.
Thank You
Dan

There is fact and fiction. As in the auto industry, there is blue-book value. There is no standard in classic snowcats there is only emprical data.

That data shows that you are asking an insane sume of cash. Sure, it doesn't need to be sold, but it also shows that you pay no mind to doing research to set a fair price and act fairly.

It's like gravity...science... there are limits and facts.

The year/style of cat you have there sells for between $2,000 and $8,000, MAXIMUM. $8,000 is the ridiculous price set by the high-priced commercial provider out there. That is with a guarantee, etc...

You are asking $20,000.

Would you like to see what $20,000 gets you today in used snowcat territory? See below... look at it and then tell me your opinion is worth a grain of salt.

You're right...it doesn't need to sell...and it won't. Not for $20K.
If you were here to learn/participate then great...but I'm so harsh on this because you're here to make a quick buck. My next post will show data that will alert others to the value...although, the folks on this forum are well aware anyway, but in case someone stumbles across your add... wouldn't want them to shell out $15K more than they need to. No, I'm not interested in buying the unit, it's for others that I'm expressing concern. I have enough already.

Attachments

• 4e7e_12.JPG
    4e7e_12.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 4c26_12.JPG
    4c26_12.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 353
  • 42ec_12.JPG
    42ec_12.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 9519_12.JPG
    9519_12.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 4999_12.JPG
    4999_12.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 348

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
and here are units of the 4V flavor... all between $2,000 and $8,000 with most selling for around $4,250.

So... it ain't no blue book...but there's the price range for any buyers interested! I'd say Boggie is giving you a generous offer... may want to nab it in this economy! Oh, I know, it doesn't need to sell...

and that $8,000...that was discounted down to $5,500 to move it cuz no one was buying! :w00t2:

To be fair, these puppies are great pieces of history!!!! They should be handled with care, feeding, and TLC...a full restoration done, etc... they're the pre-Thiokol era... BUT, they are no cat warranting $20K which is money to pay for a highly reliable runner.

Periscope down...

:whistling:

Attachments

• 810d_1.jpg
    810d_1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 346
  • 87c9_1.jpg
    87c9_1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 349
  • snowcat01.jpg
    snowcat01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 339
  • Trackmaster 4VL.jpg
    Trackmaster 4VL.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 368
  • unloading%20snowcat.jpg
    unloading%20snowcat.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 4vs_3.jpg
    4vs_3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 344

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Take the Mainer with a grain of salt (or even a couple of bucks if I can dig them up!). He's a bit spastic over the old Thiokols. :rolleyes:

I guess you two negotiated from opposite sides of the pond, eh? :yum:

hey... if he can afford more than me then fine... I'm no master negotiator (there are some on this forum that are...Mhhhmmmm...)... but I sure know that $20K is nuts-o and what I can and can't afford... nece$$ity is the mother of negotiation innovation. :w00t2:

towingbeast

If you have had enough time to relax and calm down. I again ask Where does this model fit into snowcat history. Can you refer me to and info.
Thank You
Dan