• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

edit a PDF form ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I need help . I got a basic "Legal Form" off the computer in a PDF format that I need to file with the county .

I saved a copy to my documents section and then tried to fill it out . It will not let me add the information in the blanks ???? Its a standard Form that the county needs and they want it typed. I only have a computer and thought I would edit it and hit print .

How do I do it ???

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You could do it the old fashioned way.
Print out the blank form and fill it out.

PDF's are very restrictive. Many of them you can read only. I've heard of shareware that lets you create PDF like files but I've never had the need for it.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Al,

Your kind of screwed. PDF files like Doc said are typically read only. I can buy an expensive PDF creator/editor but even then a lot of times they are protected.

murph

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess i'll go find someone with a typewriter that I can borrow . The county will not let me fill it out "longhand", it has to be typed
Thanks guys :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If the county has that requirment you might ask them if they have the form in word doc format or something more user friendly. I bet they have an answer.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If the county has that requirment you might ask them if they have the form in word doc format or something more user friendly. I bet they have an answer.

Yea they were real helpful:censored: . The County gal showed me a layout detail of what the form should look like . They don't even have them .
She told me to get a lawyer to do it at $271 bucks !!!
Its one page , for cryin out loud !!! It's a "fill in the blanks and file and your done type form " . I sure as hell have better places to spend $271 bucks !!
I'll go find a type writer .........

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea they were real helpful:censored: . The County gal showed me a layout detail of what the form should look like . They don't even have them .
She told me to get a lawyer to do it at $271 bucks !!!
Its one page , for cryin out loud !!! It's a "fill in the blanks and file and your done type form " . I sure as hell have better places to spend $271 bucks !!
I'll go find a type writer .........

I have one I can sell you... :whistling:

I could get Acrobat back on here and MIGHT be able to input the data for you, but..

It sux they are not more helpful though. I think I would be lettin the commisioners know.

k-dog

My parents bought some forms for their rental place that were fillable PDF's but you couldn't save them with the info in them. They had to type the info in each time they wanted to rent to someone. I have the writeable version of the Adobe PDF at work and was able to type it in and save it. Al I'm gonna send you a PM and maybe I can help you.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Great ! But don't waste a lot of time on it , It's a "Change of Trustee Transfer Form" and I'll just talk my sister into typing it up . Otherwise no share of the Trust proceeds for her :dizzy:!!!LOL

k-dog

Great ! But don't waste a lot of time on it , It's a "Change of Trustee Transfer Form" and I'll just talk my sister into typing it up . Otherwise no share of the Trust proceeds for her :dizzy:!!!LOL

Here it is, I just added some text boxes using Adobe Professional 8. I also added at the boxes below so you can check them, but the checkmarks are kinda small. Let me know if this works

Attachments

• Big Al's form.pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 146

k-dog

Let me know if it works or if you need some other tweaks to it. Unfortunately it won't let you save your changes but at least you can enter the info on a computer.

Good luck,
Steve

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
it still won't let you save it filled out - but will let you save the parts you fill out as a text file that can be propagated back into the form again the next time you need to print up a new one.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry, I was a little late. I could have done it for you or still can if you need it done but it looks like k-dog took care of you!

I can fully edit with Adobe Illustrator CS3 so if you want let me know.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks a Million !!! I really appreciate it ,"everybody" .
Drinks are on me !!!

maria.pdffiller

You can try www.pdffiller.com to fill in your pdf forms. It is probably the easiest way to do that. You don`t have to install any software. Just click anywhere and start typing. You can print, Email, fax, or export your form as well.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You can try www.pdffiller.com to fill in your pdf forms. It is probably the easiest way to do that. You don`t have to install any software. Just click anywhere and start typing. You can print, Email, fax, or export your form as well.

Thank you very much . Thats nice to know .

And welcome to the group!:smile: