• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

755 JD HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
MY buddy is looking at a very nice lo hour (400) CUT .It is a John Deere 755 hydrostatic . It has the 60" mid mower, front angle blade , 2 bottom plow , Drag box. Front mount snow blower . It was made in the early 1990's . What would be a fair price ??? THe owner is being tough to pin down . He wants to buy this today . NOW !
Please Help

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That seems like a pretty complete package. A front mount snow blower can easily cost $3000 or more. Mid mount mower is an easy $2000. I see the front angle blade, does that mean he does not have an FEL on that unit? If so that would bring the price down a bit. Still, when you add it all up, there is a lot of value there with the parts and at only 400 hours it is still a baby.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tractor alone by the book indicates $8200-$9200 for 1993.

Attachments are harder to price, I'm thinking 50%- 70% on the attachments as a package depending on condition, or lower if in bad condition.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Caution!

The Deere / Yanmar contract expired and I'm reading that parts are drying up for these Yanmar-built Deeres.

Al, post this question over on NTT and Mark will know more about this issue. He has written about it several times. Apparently Deere owners are turning to the gray Yanmar support sources (replica parts) to find stuff that Deere no longer can get from Yanmar.

Possibly that's why the seller is bailing.

They are great tractors. I have the direct ancestor of that series and its 30 years old, and indestructible. But it may have better parts support than that 90's Deere.