• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid cell phone update. Unbef**kinglieveable!

Bannedjoe

I think my brain is about to melt.

My phone just told me it needs yet another update.
After investigating apple's IOS 13.5 (android is getting this too) there is a program being installed by Google that is a covid 19 tracing function.

Supposedly, if your doctor tells you you have the virus, you're supposed to enter that info into your phone.

Your phone then transmits a traceable unique (key identifier) signal telling other phones that you have the virus.
But it won't tell them right away.

NO> Instead of telling you that you're about to come into contact with someone who has it, it waits until later to tell you that you have been in contact with someone who has it.

This whole thing is insane!

First off, this whole concept just freaks me the hell out.

Secondly, what the hell good is it?

Might as well use it for aids too, eh?

Beep, beep, beep...
By the way, just in case you're interested, the chick you picked up at the bar and boinked all night has aids. Have a good day!!!!

Son of a bitch!!!
This world is off it's damn rocker.
I can't believe all this shit's happening here and now in my lifetime.

Read about it here.https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-google-covid-19-contact-tracing-smartphone-screenshots-2020-5

Or here.

Last edited:

Bannedjoe

None of you find this disturbing?

I see this as the start to a whole new mess.

How about if your phone tells you when:

You're in the vicinity of a felon?
You're in the vicinity of a child molester?
You're in the vicinity of someone with a cold, or aids?
How about if it goes off when you're standing next to a Jew, or a Catholic, maybe a Muslim?
How about if your phone goes off when there are three or more black people gathered close to you?
How about if your cell phone tells everyone when you've gotten a speeding ticket, or a vasectomy, or you have cancer?
What if it broadcasts your financial status, or your credit rating?
Your marital status?
How about if it tells the guy standing next to you that you have a CCW permit????

There could be no end to this.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

How about if it goes off when you're standing next to a Jew, or a Catholic, maybe a Muslim?
How about if your phone goes off when there are three or more black people gathered close to you?
How about if your cell phone tells everyone when you've gotten a speeding ticket, or a vasectomy, or you have cancer?
Your marital status?
How about if it tells the guy standing next to you that you have a CCW permit????

It’s disturbing but the capability has been there from day one. The carrier could tell what towers you were using and get your location down to a couple miles back in 1983. Then they started putting GPS in the phones and they had you to a couple hundred feet. As GPS improved over the years its a few feet now.

Theres been numerous malicious apps tracking folks for years by hacking your phone. theres a way to turn it off, at least it looks like you can turn it off :hammer:

Apple ios 13.5

Attachments

• 944D3F5B-EBB9-497D-AED5-C54C6AFDFC42.jpg
    944D3F5B-EBB9-497D-AED5-C54C6AFDFC42.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 109
  • A5113F3E-9AE8-483E-AA45-6C31BBE1BEE5.jpg
    A5113F3E-9AE8-483E-AA45-6C31BBE1BEE5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2AF28EC5-1A5C-4BAB-AD6D-EECB8E680BDD.jpg
    2AF28EC5-1A5C-4BAB-AD6D-EECB8E680BDD.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 108

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Your marital status?

Easy Joe. Some of us only come on the Forum, briefly, a few times a day.

But your anger is justified. Fear is legit.

Orson Wells warned us of the new order of society. The loss of citizen freedoms, personal privacy, and frankly personhood. But he never mentioned this.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've yet to get or see anything of the kind.
Still, the times we're living in right now, not a damn thing surprises me.
Nothing.
Just wow..

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Months ago, I saw a map on MSM showing where all the kids that got kicked off the beach on spring break went. Its here and has been here for a long time as Jim said. Years ago, I walked into a bar and the menu came up on my phone. It's long been here. Every month Google sends me an email telling me where i have been and how far i have walked. So far as your phone, buy a bag of potato chips eat them. Put your phone inside and roll it closed. Instant faraday cage. Yes, you might miss a call. They will leave a message. Off phones for a bit. Have you done one of those DNA thingies? Ever wonder how come cold cases are being solved by DNA. Wanna bet the Feds dont have all that info? Now medical records are all in the cloud by law. Remember the big data center the NSA built?

Bannedjoe

I understand some of the capabilities they've had for sometime, but to me, this looks like a very fine line is about to be crossed when my phone might be transmitting personal information to those around me, and visa versa.

Yeah, you can turn off apps, but what happens when you can't?

Maybe many just don't care as long as they can look and post on FB and twitter.

Boil the frog baby, boil the frog.
Just a tiny degree at a time...

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Supposedly, if your doctor tells you have the virus, you're supposed to enter that info into your phone.

And therein lies the answer. Don't do it. End of problem.

To be able to do the things that are upsetting you, you have to be a willing participant. Don't participate.

The first thing is turn off location services. Why does the world need to know where you are 24 hours a day? I know that I'm not that important and I doubt that you are either.

Also, turn the freekin' thing off. Don't put it on standby or snooze or sleep, turn it off. If you're really paranoid about it, pull the battery. Insert it back in when you need it. I don't care how smart you phone is, without power it's a hockey puck.

As you can tell, I'm not completely sold on smart phones. I have one but I'm told I only use probably 5% or 10% of it's capability, if that, as it sits by my chair most of the time and never moves. I also don't need the latest and greatest. I don't stream movies or sports events on my phone. Why do we feel the need to be entertained 100% of our waking hours.

Okay, I guess that I'm just old. I need a phone to make the occasional phone call but that's about it. Anything else is superfluous. I do know that I've used it to take one selfie!!!