• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The difference between a Harley and a Honda

JimR

Charter Member
The difference between the two is about $10K just to start. Then add another $5K for chrome for the Harley, a new seat as the stock one sucks, loud pipes to give it some more power, a jug kit to boost the CC's, gear drive for the cams and on and on and on. Before you know it you will have spent $30K plus for your Harley. The Honda can be driven as is for as long as you want without any upgrades.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
JimR said:
The difference between the two is about $10K just to start.
This is sooooooooooooo incorrect!

Compare a HD Tour Glide Classic and a Honda Goldwing both fully loaded and you just might be surprise. There ain't $1K difference if any!

JimR

Charter Member
I stand corrected. But then a Harley owner still will spend another 10K in chrome and accesssories to make his bike run right and feel more comfortable. I know this as a fact as my older brother had to do it with his Road King and many of his Harley friends have done the same. It was not fast enough, lacked chrome he wanted and the seat was a down right POS. My 1986 GoldWing could blow the doors off of my brothers brand new Road King before he did the motor over. I'll have to see if my 1987 GoldWing can take his Road King now when I get mine on the road. Hopefully it will be soon. I have to sell my Virago first before I swap the plates over.