• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Random thoughts

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Worth a try. They migh say no but the answer might be yes!

Angelface

I'll be honest... I never did like Trump. I didn't vote for him... I voted 3rd party... (Yeah I know I'm stupid) But I will give Trump a chance... Maybe he won't be so bad...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be honest... I never did like Trump. I didn't vote for him... I voted 3rd party... (Yeah I know I'm stupid) But I will give Trump a chance... Maybe he won't be so bad...
You took part in the process.
That's all that matters.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

You took part in the process.
That's all that matters.
PG is correct; the most important thing is that you actually exercised your franchise. That you didn't vote for the candidate that eventually won is always a bit of a letdown, but at least you took part.

I was watching the utter morons - excuse me, I meant protesters of course - in Portland last night and was somewhat slack-jawed when several of them announced they didn't even vote, but still had their knickers in knots because their candidate didn't win! Too freaking lazy to bother going to the polls, but perfectly energized to join a damned riot. Their parents must be so very proud of the job they did raising this mob of self-absorbed snowflakes! :hammer:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I can think of a few things that will tilt my skin, but rumples aren't one of them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, Grey ... that really IS random! :yum::yum::yum:

Then he made the best of his way off, while the nurse laughed and the baby crowed; and all the court jeered at him for having had so much trouble for nothing and said, ’We wish you a very good morning, and a merry feast, Mr RUMPLESTILTSKIN!
:biggrin:

Angelface

PG is correct; the most important thing is that you actually exercised your franchise. That you didn't vote for the candidate that eventually won is always a bit of a letdown, but at least you took part.

I was watching the utter morons - excuse me, I meant protesters of course - in Portland last night and was somewhat slack-jawed when several of them announced they didn't even vote, but still had their knickers in knots because their candidate didn't win! Too freaking lazy to bother going to the polls, but perfectly energized to join a damned riot. Their parents must be so very proud of the job they did raising this mob of self-absorbed snowflakes! :hammer:

Yah... Portland is a mess... I have to go there in a few weeks.. luckily just for an appointment. :mellow: Hopefully I will still have a windshield by the time i get out of there.. haha

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you know every can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup has exactly 216 noodles in it. They measure out to 32'. :)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally got the chance to run across two of our former forum friends (those who are more of a liberal leaning).
I know they supported Bernie Sanders and feel bad that things didn't turn out as they'd have hoped.
Seriously, I do.
This election has caused heartache for many, but joy for some.
It's understood.

:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by precedent, by implication, by erosion, by default, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other - until the day when they are suddenly declared to be the country’s official ideology. ~ Ayn Rand

Angelface

Soo.. in a relationship once again.. but its going really great. :) What an up and down this year has been.. feels like so much life has happened this last year that it could be reflected as a decade..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Soo.. in a relationship once again.. but its going really great. :) What an up and down this year has been.. feels like so much life has happened this last year that it could be reflected as a decade..

Slow and easy chicka.. slow and easy.. :wink:

Angelface

Discovering your shortcomings isn't about accepting and learning to live with them, it's about accepting and learning to overcome them.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I ate so much good food today that when I go to bed, I don't think I'll be able to rollover.........:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, there's an active shooter on the OSU campus according to news reports.

(CNN)An active shooter has been reported on the Ohio State University campus, according to the university's Department of Public Safety website. People are urged to shelter in place and avoid the area. "Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College," OSU Emergency Management tweeted.

Developing story - more to come

Attachments

• live news pic.jpg
    live news pic.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dollar Tree today were asking shoppers for a donation of $1.00 at the cashier's check out to go to Operation Homefront.
I can't believe how many people said no, or not today.
It's a DOLLAR people. 100 cents.
sheesh!
For that donation, you got to pick out a toy from a basket, albeit a cheap one... for a military family in need.

Perhaps should have put this in rants and raves?
In any case.. [/rant]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm I went to school with Mark Delligatti, and his younger brother Greg. Have to wonder if they are related to Michael.

As for the point of sale donations .....i do not like them. Give me an option to donate somewhere in the store but to be put on the spot at the point of sale in front of all the other customers in line as to whether to donate or not seems out of line for any business. Maybe those are regular shoppers and they already gave multiple times or there could be plenty of other reasons to decline.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Dollar Tree today were asking shoppers for a donation of $1.00 at the cashier's check out to go to Operation Homefront.
I can't believe how many people said no, or not today.
It's a DOLLAR people. 100 cents.
sheesh!
For that donation, you got to pick out a toy from a basket, albeit a cheap one... for a military family in need.

Perhaps should have put this in rants and raves?
In any case.. [/rant]

what if these people had already given much more to operation homefront? Or they live on a fixed income? I certainly would not like to have an aisle full of people standing behind me wondering why I did not give a dollar to a worthy cause. Dollar Tree should be ashamed by the way they handled this. :hammer: