• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mystery ( to me) Tracks

vintagebike

Cleaning up the shop and would like some help to find out what I have. They sure don't fit a Tucker, Trackmaster or Snow Trac. :ermm:
IMG_5624.jpg
IMG_5621.jpg
IMG_5622.jpg
IMG_5623.jpg

IMP

Site Supporter
The Thiokol IMP had 24" wide grousers that looked allot like the ones in the last photo

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know about the straight grousers but the drop center grousers If they are 24" are from a 1400, 1401, 1402 or 1404 imp. The bottom track looks like it has 44 grousers with every 5th one made with a plate (high grouser). That would be from an early 1400 or 1401 that didn't have an adjustable idler wheel. Early 1402's with the front idler had one 44 grouser section and one 11 grouser section so they could use up the tracks they had already made.

The 2 assembled tracks look like they have good salvageable grousers and would be good for spares to someone with one of the above cats.

Last edited:

vintagebike

If anyone needs any of these track parts they are free, free, free. But they will need to be picked up in McCall, Idaho or arrange for the shipping.

vintagebike

JimVT has spoken for all of them but you might be able to talk him out of a few. He will be hauling them home in February.:whistling: