• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help! BR 200 mystery

Thebartman

I am looking at a very nice, well maintained 1982 Bombardier BR 200. 348 hours. Right now it all works. Is this the unit (one of 12?) with the rear end made of "unobtainium"?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am looking at a very nice, well maintained 1982 Bombardier BR 200. 348 hours. Right now it all works. Is this the unit (one of 12?) with the rear end made of "unobtainium"?

If it has ATF in the back end (differential) yes.... it will fail at some point.

If it has gear oil or universal hydrolic, brake, and transmission oil in it, not likely to fail..

At those hours it should be fine..

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what he is talking about is the rigs built for the pipeline Lyndon occasionally talks about . they had some motors that were supposed make them steer like a varriator . my understanding there weren't many made in their day they were real expensive. I believe Lyndon said they were problematic to.

Thebartman

Here's a photo. It does have a steering wheel. It was originally built for Bonneville Power Administration.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 225

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that is the same system Lyndon had discussed once alyeska pipe line bought a bunch of them but found the differential to be weak and prone to failure shortly after they went to tuckers. parts will be hard to find and command a premium price

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
first question is it working now if so and the machine looks nice got to be worth over ten k. the real value is only what some one is willing to pay for it.