• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow cat track repair

scott nepa

ok now that it's cold out i guess it's time to work on my cat. here is my problem of course the rollers are bad but what else is new.. my tracks are frozen stiff as in rusted tight any ideas on what to do? i was thinking about taking them off and soaking them in diesel fuel for a while. did anybody ever install anothe rdrive system instead of the tracks? it i replaced all the rollers i would be in $$$ . sorry for the double post..

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you mst be talking about a steel tracked tucker don't know too much about them but when it comes to penetraiting oil the best thing i have found for freeing up rusted parts is dot-3 brake fluid try squirting some on your tracks first do it daile for afew days see if it wont free them up with out removing them