• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Random pics I found..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Passing the Olympic Torch on a snowcat.. cool! :w00t2:

bs14.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have enough parts on my parts rig to make that snow trac run that is the best use i have ever seen for a weasel

teledawg

retired snowcats-- at least one is still useful :smile:

attachment.php

i have enough parts on my parts rig to make that snow trac run that is the best use i have ever seen for a weasel

That retired Snow-Trac is now in couchloafer's stable. :whistling:

You will have to ask him about the details. :yum::yum::yum:

They will easily compare with some of the stories Lyndon has about finding and retrieving Snow-Trac's from far-flung places.

JSX

That retired Snow-Trac is now in couchloafer's stable. :whistling:

You will have to ask him about the details. :yum::yum::yum:

They will easily compare with some of the stories Lyndon has about finding and retrieving Snow-Trac's from far-flung places.

Hey, that's my picture!

LOL! I think you are to blame for that expedition. :unsure:

Did Couchloafer tell you we took the scenic route to get to that cat? We had 2 different gps each giving completely opposite directions at times, made the trip more interesting.

Hopefully, that cat will run again, it looked really sad sitting in the junkyard.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Lets start with the beginning of the story...I did not find these TELEDAWG did! I just lived close enough to bug them into selling them to me. When I find enough time to right the WHOLE story I will along with posting all the pictures.........
teledawg did you ever get up to the junkyard to see about the one I found for you???

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics!! This one is amazing!
Anyone have any info on it? Like what year?
There is no cab. Is it missing? Or did you just sit out in the open?

Attachments

• sc3.jpg
    sc3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 939

AdkSnowcat

This, I'm told by the seller, is the before photo of a crewcab pickup truck/Tucker conversion project just on ebay:

funkyCat.JPG

Trakternut

Good pics!! This one is amazing!
Anyone have any info on it? Like what year?
There is no cab. Is it missing? Or did you just sit out in the open?

That, my friend, is a kit made to fit on a Fordson tractor. They also played with one made for a Model A Ford car. I have seen video of them. They were amazing for what they would do in snow. No cab on this outfit. The driver sat in the open.

The video showed it towing a sled full of logs through the forest.
What you see is what you got!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya know, searching for new stuff is hard to do.
I am sure you guys have seen just about every type of snowcat, snow machine that is out there.
I am STILL searching for a story I came across once about a guy and his refurbishing his Dad's or Grandfather's snowcat.
It was a really charming story and it had a lot of pics in the article.
Dammit :(

SnoFarmer

From my days grooming at crested butte, in the early 80's

Attachments

• SCAN0017.jpg
    SCAN0017.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 619
  • SCAN0021.jpg
    SCAN0021.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 635
  • SCAN0023.jpg
    SCAN0023.jpg