• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

freighter track tension?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The tool only allows one at a time since you have to flip the handle to the inside to do the other side.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Read and try this. If done perfectly all links will be bent the same amount all the way around the pontoon. That is four bends in the links inside and outside, for every grouser bar. 596 bends, and you thought greasing rollers was fun. Oh by the way, travelling too fast will tend to straighten out the bent links, start over.

Attachments

• DSCN3234.jpg
    DSCN3234.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Aaron Tucker

its amazing to me how many parts Tucker put there name on , my cat is a 53 and the transfer case says 50. I thought they didn't make a 743 until 1953 ?
also another pick of the beautiful Colorado back country:biggrin: .

Aaron Tucker

Attachments

• IMG_20170128_121811022.jpg
    IMG_20170128_121811022.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20170128_123340615_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170128_123340615_HDR.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20170129_114233797_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170129_114233797_HDR.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 149

Aaron Tucker

Well the fuel system is still giving me problems.
looks like I need to remount the fuel pump next to the tank . I have 2 tanks and will need a fuel pump for both. has anyone else had to relocate there fuel pump from in the engine bay to right below that tank ? the new fuel pump says it should be mounted with in 12 vertical inches of the tanks.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The distance shouldn't matter as much as the vertical height would. Isn't the fuel pump on the motor now which should be within the 12" vertical height spec? Doesn't that spec mean don't mount is higher than 12 inches above the tank?

Maybe the pump is tired? Does it work better full tank vs empty? Maybe the gravity of the fuel in the tank helps a weak pump when full?

Aaron Tucker

I relocated the pump and bought another one for the other tank . its runs like it should now I can see the fuel filter is full and not empty like before. i'm so happy that its getting the drink it needs now. going to take it out this weekend and make some money . Just got a gig hauling 3 lineman up to a cell tower over the weekend . sure pays good