• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Throwing snow on the Grand Mesa

PJL

And that sir is how it's done. Tons of videos on Youtube where drivers are powering around corners completely sideways. Point the wheels where you want to go and pour the coals to it. Sorta like tracked cats, but much faster.

KT3survivor

anyone up for this weekend?

the mesa is looking good right now. Im hoping to get back out this weekend if the weather permits. finally have all my bathtub ducks in a row. all systems working. if anyone on the western slope wants to join lets get a plan going. either day should work for me. let me know if your interested.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking about Saturday or going up Sunday and grabbing a cabin afterwards to watch the Super Bowl. What day are you thinking?

KT3survivor

talked to my brother today, he said he wouldnt mind going sunday. I dont think he realized it was super sunday so he might not go now that you mention it. i honestly dont care either way. not a football fanatic so i wouldnt mind sunday. just itching to take it out.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's shoot for Sunday early..say meet you at the turnout right off the exit towards the mesa say 9:00am?. That should give us plenty of time to get up there and cat around. Maybe head towards Lands End or head up to the visitor center and head towards Alexander Lake Lodge and on from there. Call me if you need to or anything changes. 970-261-3904..Tom

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking forward to it. It will be fun to'Cat around with some other folks

KT3survivor

haha yes. if I had to choose between watching a bunch of over paid crybaby snowflakes who refuse to stand for the national anthem, or a slow vintage snowcat drag race, you all KNOW what the answer is.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Likewise...even bought a GoPro to film the big "race" for posterity! Lol...we'll be lucky if I can figure out how to turn it on!

The Sweet Wbj1

I emailed a link for this thread to a buddy of mine that has a Tucker and lives in Olathe. Maybe next time he can hook up with you guys. When I get moved out there in 3.5 years we will have a good little group of cats to get together!

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
As soon as I can figure out how to upload the GoPro video of the big race I'll post it. Supposedly it is on YouTube under 'Tucker and Kristi Drag Race' but I can't find it. It was EPIC! Trust me.

KT3survivor

couldnt find it yet either but it was certainly entertaining. look forward to doing it again sometime. more snow on the way tomorrow :w00t2:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Text me your phone number and I'll send you a copy. Or friend me on FB.. Tom Spehar . I posted it there.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I got the video posted o YouTube.. look for Tucker and Kristi Snowcat Drag Race. Not sure how to copy the link. Some one educate me, please!

KT3survivor

thanks for posting the videos. thats was a great time. I will say, steel pontoon tuckers are faster than they get credit for. katy is no slouch! I believe our average speed out to the lands end ranger station was around 15mph. also, I may need a bigger carburator as I'm not yet able to run 4th gear high range unless there is a decent downhill grade. no excuses, but it could be closer next time! :beer:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
:whistling:Next time let's play in the powder fields maybe rescue some snowmobiles!

KT3survivor

that would be fun. Not sure if winter motorized travel is allowed but i have always wanted to go check out Indian Point, south of the kannah creek basin.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
That would be good with me. Used to horse pack and camp up there doing elk season. I have never been there in the winter. We might be able to take the Carson Lake road down into the basin. They do close it off below by Kannah Creek to help the Elk and Deer herds winter better. Worth a try. I will ask some one!

KT3survivor

All I know about the area is in the summer you can only travel by foot, bike or horseback and if you want to fish those lakes you can only use a lure, no bait because its part of the kannah creek watershed that we all drink. would love to see it first person. always wanted to snowboard the "K-basin" :biggrin: and it would be a good opportunity to scope the terrain.