• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cushman Trackster?

OkeeDon

In poking around and learning about these Snow Tracs, I came across links to other tracked vehicles. One was the Cushman Trackster. This appears to be more the size vehicle I would be interested in; the others are a bit big for fooling around in Florida. The Trackster also came as a Marsh model with a flotation ring, water diversion plates which made it somewhat self-propelled in still water, and a stern plate to mount a 6 HP outboard motor! With light weight and less than .75 lbs/sq. ft. track pressure, it looks to be neat for sand and even lawn use. I could run it right across my small pond!

I see them on EBay for around $3,200 to $3,500, which is certainly reasonable, but I'm always on the lookout for a bargain. Fully restored, they seem to go for $10K to $12K, which is beyond what I'm willing to spend. I would be interested in a total basket case if it was cheap enough, say somewhere under $1,000. By the time I added shipping to Florida, any higher price would be too much. If any of you are aware of something like this, let me know -- don at hornerfamily dot com.

Attachments

• models-pic.jpg
    models-pic.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,633

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The Cushman Trackster was a very popular tracked vehicle in the 70s. You can now get a engine conversion kit to install a Honda 24 hp 4 stroke engine. Tracks new are $900. before shipping EACH. The flotation ring was just added to the standard body and was simply filled with foam. (Max gvwr for flotation) I saw one on Ebay last night for $800. But had 5 days to go. If I spot anymore I will PM you. Also boggies bearings and tensioners are still available brand new.