• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac for sale in FRANCE

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This Snow Trac is for sale in France, it cannot be shipped to the USA (I don't know why, but that is what they told me when I asked). The will ship it anywhere in Europe.

It looks to be in very rough condition, but it also appears that most of the parts are there so it could make for a good project. The asking price is 5,800 Euros, 38,046 French Franks, or roughly US$7,540.00 It is claimed to be a 1968 model in "good" condition. 1331 km on the odometer.

The tracks are missing some pieces, and are probably too loose to run without tearing them off in a turn!

Website: http://www.europexpo.com/uk/fiche.htm?marq_id=100077

Attachments

• Snow Trac GREEN.jpg
    Snow Trac GREEN.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ST4, engine, green.jpg
    ST4, engine, green.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 229

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One interesting thing to note is the engine. The air filter on the top is original. You don't see that too often! Most have been replaced along the way.

Attachments

• ST4, front left green.jpg
    ST4, front left green.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 222
  • ST4, interior bench-left, green.jpg
    ST4, interior bench-left, green.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ST4, interior bench-right, green.jpg
    ST4, interior bench-right, green.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Despite the fact that this one is green, it is not a military version. Military versions are found in "snow camo" or "green" paint, but it does not have the military hitches on it and there is plenty of orange paint showing through from its original paint job. Green seems to be the most popular color to paint a Snow Trac if you paint it a color other than the traditional red/orange. I'm guessing that when the green paint was applied, a good job was done, because some of the hard to reach interior parts are painted green which means they took it apart to paint it.

Also this unit comes with the optional cabin heater. It can be seen to the left of the driver's seat. The cabin heater is a gasoline powered mini-furnace that is supposed to burn the hell out of the left arm of the driver but not really accomplish the job of heating the cabin. Never the less, I am trying to aquire an original gas fired heater for my restoration!

Attachments

• ST4, interior, dash area, green.jpg
    ST4, interior, dash area, green.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 228
  • ST4, left rear green.jpg
    ST4, left rear green.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 223

OkeeDon

Are those the original taillights? They appear to like the Walmart cheapie tailllights I have on a utility trailer.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don, I'm not positive, but they could very well be original lights. Many of the things on Snow Tracs were left over VW parts and other odds and ends.