• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cartoonist A.F. Branco hits it big

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cartoonist A.F. Branco hits it big
Posted by William A. Jacobson Monday, September 3, 2018 at 5:00pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/09/cartoonist-a-f-branco-hits-it-big//#more

Picked up by Creators Syndicate, but you’ll still find him at Legal Insurrection

Tony Branco doesn’t like to toot his own horn. So I’ll do it for him.

When Tony first joined Legal Insurrection on August 6, 2012, I wrote:

I am pleased to announce that Antonio F. Branco will begin contributing political cartoons created exclusively for Legal Insurrection….

Recently, you have seen two of Tony’s cartoons here, one regarding Obama’s “you didn’t build that” speech and another regarding the premature announcement of the Tea Party’s demise.

Tony’s work is on par, in my estimation, with the best political cartoonists. The good news is that we will have him contributing to Legal Insurrection; the bad news is that it’s only a matter of time before some big-time publication or syndicator scoops him up because he’s that good. Actually, that “bad news” would be “good news” because he deserves a broader audience.

Since that time, Tony has been hitting it out of the ballpark week after week for 6 years. You can review the “best of” at these links:

• Best A.F. Branco Legal Insurrection Cartoon of 2017 (Reader Poll)
  • Voted Best Cartoon – “That Was Then”
  • Cartoonist A.F. Branco 5th Anniversary at Legal Insurrection (Reader Poll Best Cartoon)
  • Best A.F. Branco Cartoon of 2016 (Reader Poll)(And The Winner is …)
  • Runoff Election: Best A.F. Branco Cartoon 2015 (Reader Poll)
  • Best A.F. Branco Cartoon of 2015 (Reader Poll)

Have I mentioned that he has a book? And that you can buy it?
http://www.seattlebookcompany.com/make-america-laugh-again-volume-2

It took longer than I expected for the “bad news” to hit, but it’s still good news.

Tony has been picked up by Creators Syndicate. That means Tony’s work, whether for Legal Insurrection or the other websites for which he creates cartoons, will be presented to a much broader audience.

Here is Tony’s Creators page. Here’s his Creators Bio:

A.F. Branco was born and raised in Mendocino County, California, and later relocated to northwest Washington. He served in the U.S. Army Military Police Corps, which offered him the opportunity to attend college on the GI Bill. He is a talented musician — guitar, bass and singing — who played gigs all over the Northwest with his band, Tony and the Tigers.

Over the years, Branco created cartoons as a hobby. Once he saw America under assault by radical leftists, the hobby became a calling and another form of service to the country he loves and swore to protect from “all enemies, foreign and domestic.” His toons resonate and inform with razor-sharp humor, accruing a following of patriots everywhere.

Branco has appeared on Fox News, “The Larry Elder Show,” “The Lars Larson Show” and more. His first book, “Comically Incorrect: A Collection of Politically Incorrect Comics: Volume 1,” published in November 2015, was well-received. His calendars sell out each year, as the demand for humorous cartoons increases in an otherwise mean-spirited political climate.

And now, with his book “Make America Laugh Again,” A.F Branco continues slaying the dragons of Leftist Lunacy via the power of the cartoonist’s pencil.

As you can see, his first syndicated cartoon is the one he ran this morning at Legal Insurrection, Running Interference. You may have noticed the slight change in the upper left hand corner of the cartoon.

Attachments

• 6B074476-297F-4B99-BE18-5A48860CB002.jpeg
    6B074476-297F-4B99-BE18-5A48860CB002.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 56
  • FC996074-5ED1-4D12-8B41-9838D5009D8B.jpg
    FC996074-5ED1-4D12-8B41-9838D5009D8B.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 675E1776-1AF3-4778-8CA6-533CB7D13E9A.jpeg
    675E1776-1AF3-4778-8CA6-533CB7D13E9A.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 56