• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bk eph radios

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I know most of you all get on here and talk about hf radios, and antennas. well I have got fed up with cheap ht's ,I have had about every brand of ham ht none from the most expensive to the cheapest seam to last more than a couple of years. so my next step was to convert some old bendix king radios to the ham bands. turns out not all lph radios will convert but the eph family will. I bought 4 for 150.00 picked up broad band antennas and some 3800 amp hour li battery's, which will last about 3 dys under normal use. these radios are field programmable and have a $hit load of accessories to include mobile docking stations allowing the ht to convert to a mobile radio. when bk changed batteries they did it right. like Winchester with the 284. the charging protection circuit is in the battery pack so you don't have to buy new chargers. the radios are field programmable and alpha numeric programmable allowing one to program from a laptop or the key pad they are also cloneable from the master radio. these radios are highly respected by wild land fire crews for a reason and I expect I wont have to buy another ht for a while

Attachments

• eph.jpg
    eph.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 257

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
would like to see more of this. what is your frequency range?
we have had good luck with the kenwood amateur handhelds.

oh. your cats looked good on tv.
jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don those are great radios.

We had hundreds in commercial service at one time. Very little trouble, they just worked. I had a pair on 440 for a while. Same way no troubles at all.

Jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don those are great radios.

We had hundreds in commercial service at one time. Very little trouble, they just worked. I had a pair on 440 for a while. Same way no troubles at all.

Jim

One thing I forgot to mention for those who haven't seen one. While not that large they aren't shirt pocket size either :mrgreen:

Two Track Mind

What modifications were needed for the EPH bk to run ham freq. ? I have an older 140 channel unit, not alpha that i'd like to set up [in one group if possible]. Mine is currently set up with multi agency groups for local SAR use. Thanks, Sam

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Call John at Banner communications 530 273 0070 I believe the receiver needs to be realigned to get max sensitivity on the ham bands. I got mine from John already set up for ham usage. he can also hook a brother up with the soft ware to program them and cabling.