• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Olympics

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have heard there is some boycotting going on over the Olympics but I am sure I will watch some of it if I have time.

murph

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well the only thing I found pretty darn cool was the buildings they made. Very beautiful stuff!

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Ya'll are nuts! I will watch all of it I can. I LOVE the track and field part of it.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't bothered since we allowed pros to compete. My opinion is that it was somehow more special and/or significant when the amateurs took their one big shot and either succeeded or fell back into obscurity.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya'll are nuts! I will watch all of it I can. I LOVE the track and field part of it.
I like the gymnastics and water sports myself Jeremy, as well as track and field, but I am with Bob too.
Pros shouldn't be allowed to compete at all.
They've already had their day in the sun.
Let the real competitors do their stuff and shine when they win the much deserved medals. :)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I must admit that I enjoyed the Olympics when it was 100% amateur but those days are long, long gone.

Yes , you bet I'll be watching.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The '72 summer Olympics were really something!
I really enjoyed the '88 winter in Calgary too.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I like the gymnastics and water sports myself Jeremy, as well as track and field, but I am with Bob too.
Pros shouldn't be allowed to compete at all.
They've already had their day in the sun.
Let the real competitors do their stuff and shine when they win the much deserved medals. :)

Gymnastics and the water sports are my other two favorites after track and field. Just this morning I was looking at the insert that came with my Dish Network bill about the Olympics in HD and was getting excited about the Games all over again...:thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a jaded view of the event. I know the seedy underbelly of competitive sports and can't help but see all that is wrong with it at this level.

It can be fun to watch when I am able to suppress my inner pessimist.