• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rolled a JD 4030 last Friday...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:doh::doh::doh::doh:

My hired man came across a very rough twin RR track crossing in the dark with the loader bucket quite high in the air (looking under the bucket to see) and a hay mower/crimper on the rear. The tractor started hopping from front to back and entered a very steep and deep ditch. It came to rest with the top of the cab in a drainage tile intake hole, smashing in the tin whistle in the process.. The ROPS structure probably saved my man's life, and his bruised up, and scraped up, but otherwise OK, thank God..

The mower was not able to get past the tractor, and was on the near side of the road ditch wall, nearly standing on end, with the hitch shoved about 3 ft. into the floor of the ditch. My friend and neighbor brought over a 924 Cat end loader and we were able to remove the hay mower/conditioner and put it on a trailer. The tractor we got upright and in the field next to the ditch. Just now we were able to put the right rear wheel back on and top off the fluids and drive it back to the shop. Insurance man to fallow. Pics to if I can figure out how to get them on this new computer with windows 8.1 that sucks.... from my phone.

The man is going to be fine, and the tractor and accessories will fix as well. But not the kind of weekend I really wanted. Heck I just finished planting last Thursday, and am spraying corn and soon soybeans as fast as we can...

Regards, Kirk

Leni

Man that is a bummer. So glad that no one was seriously hurt. Nerves shot but it could have been much worse.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man o man. That sure sounds dangerous. Count his lucky stars he is still among the living. Whew.
I have trouble with Win8 and offloading pics from my phone to. I think it's because of my security pgm saving me from myself ...no matter it is frustrating. Looking forward to the pics once you get it figured out.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope it was a learning experience.
I use to unload log trucks with a large front end loader. crossing tracks with the front loaded was tippy. slow down and keep things low.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man o man. That sure sounds dangerous. Count his lucky stars he is still among the living. Whew.
I have trouble with Win8 and offloading pics from my phone to. I think it's because of my security pgm saving me from myself ...no matter it is frustrating. Looking forward to the pics once you get it figured out.

So far lets just say I am less than impressed with windows 8...

It won't let me open my "pop server" type E mail account into Windows, and I have to visit my web host's site to acces e mail and it is in an unfamiliar format, and won't open attachments to e mails at all..

This is a common problem with Windows 8 I have discovered, online. I have a number I am supposed to call to have this issue resolved, but frankly this time of year I have trouble finding the time..

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I imagine your employee is shook up. Metal can be fixed or repaired, people are a little different.

I've never actually rolled one but I've been close on two occasions. With me, once I got into the situation, there was an overwhelming sense of uselessness, total loss of control. I sat there in the seat, holding on for dear life, just waiting to see what would happen next. Luckily on both occasions I managed to drop the bucket, a reflex action, and the tractor came crashing back down on all fours. I don't know if dropping the bucket helped me but I sure like to think that it did. I will tell you that it makes you gun shy for quite a while afterwards.