• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Comparing countries

daedong

I was just doing some surfing and found this interesting. gee it must be crowded in Japan and the UK.

http://www.ga.gov.au/education/facts/dimensions/compare.htm

Australia's Size Compared

Australia is one of about 210 countries. At 7617930 km2, it comprises just five percent of the world's land area (149,450,000 km2), yet it is the planet's sixth largest country after Russia, Canada, China, USA, and Brazil. Australia is also the smallest continental land mass (or largest island).
Whilst the areas of Canada and the United States are similar to Europe, their populations are markedly smaller, by factors of eighteen (3 persons per km2) and two (29 persons per km2) respectively. Australia is not far behind in size, but its population compared to Europe is 30 times smaller. Japan's population density is 336 persons per km2 and the United Kingdom's is 244 persons per km2, compared to Australia's 2.5 persons per km2.
An interesting comparison between the countries in the table is the ratio of the amount of arable land to population, which provides some insight into the possible environmental stresses being exerted on their landscapes.
Australia/Europe
BigObjFileManager
Australia/British Isles
BigObjFileManager

Australia/Japan
BigObjFileManager
Australia/United States
BigObjFileManager

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Vin we have 60 million people here(UK) estimated you have i think 20.5 million....yea sounds pretty crowded and in cities like all cities it is.....but you have to remember a vast amount of your country no-one lives there so im sure the average town and city population for you and me is pretty much the same.....just you have the amazing bonus if you want some space to get away from all the madness you have plenty.

Your country without doubt is one of few that would be at the top of my list to visit along with USA and New Zealand fighting for top spot.:thumb:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
You forgot Alaska on the overlay, that is over a fifth more of the U.S. with very few people in it, about 600,000 +- a few... which is great! We are at about 0.42 people per km2 or 2.6 people per square mile. 80% of the State's population is within about 100 air miles of Anchorage. That leaves a lot of quiet elsewhere....