• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It's Bloom Season

Here's what's happening at DiNCA's place....

Vineyard is suckered, trained and sulfured. Merlot is blooming and there are plenty of Cab and Cab Franc flowers waiting to open. Garden is going whole hog, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, basil, beans, peas and a lone corn volunteer. Tomatoes and peppers have flowers, and zucchini are already setting. Blackberries are blooming, and the bees are doing their jobs.

DiNCA

Attachments

• Rows 1585.jpg
    Rows 1585.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 33
  • Merlot Bloom1587.jpg
    Merlot Bloom1587.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Garden1588.jpg
    Garden1588.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Berries 1589.jpg
    Berries 1589.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Bees 1590.jpg
    Bees 1590.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 30

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of things just popping out and some are flowered. Snow and cold the next few nights will do them in I am afraid.:hammer:

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Dan, great pictures.

I'm jealous because this year I've planted the smallest garden I've had in 25 years. I just got from back from a weeks R&R in Fredericksburg and need to go down and check on it tomorrow but if it all takes, it should still supply enough for the two of us. Fingers crossed.

One month later... Still maintaining grapes, flowers have turned to clusters, and we're headed for a nice yield this year. Garden getting bigger (lone corn volunteer is over my head - so much for knee high by 4th of July). Bees did their jobs on the blackberries - we'll be fat with jam and cobblers.

Had to add a row of filet beans after a doe snuck in and leaf trimmed the originals (which have rebounded nicely and are looking like they'll start producing soon). Zucchinis are coming along - we've been picking them like they vote in Chicago. Early and often. Basil is throwing flowers and is ready for a 1st picking. We'll get some pesto put up before the tomatoes come in - after that it's basil & tomato salad until canning season. And tomato sandwiches. [drool]

Camera flaked, but there's a green pepper about the size of a softball needing picking and a bunch of paste tomatoes on the way. Heirlooms are a little slower, but there's greenies in the cages. :brows:

DiNCA

Attachments

• Rows 1592.jpg
    Rows 1592.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Merlot Cluster 1593.jpg
    Merlot Cluster 1593.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Grapes 1603.jpg
    Grapes 1603.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Garden 1596.jpg
    Garden 1596.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Berries 1601.jpg
    Berries 1601.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am jealous! Our stuff is growing but not near that quick. So wet we are unable to do second planting of corn and peas. Hoping it finally dries out this weekend. The wind blew for months but not so much now unless it is driving the rain. Another inch is forecast for Thursday.:hammer:

You all seem to have rain a lot later into the spring than on the left coast. We had a little light and noise storm early Monday a.m. that made a faint amount of moisture - enough to put a little wet on the walkway, but not enough to get the truck wet under the oak tree or to set the dust in the driveway. We'll be irrigating this year, after a pretty dry winter. I'll take that after last year, which ran so cool we never really got a zucchini season, and everything else was small and late.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a bin buuster goiong on with the Blackberries Wow!

I'm lucky to set half of that on a cane.

I'm jealous. Those are my favorite fruits.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Planted my bush beans for the THIRD time, and only have about 20% come up. I think I either got a bad package of seed or all this rain has rotted the seeds. I'm getting new seed today and going to try for the last time. If we didn't like them so well, I woiuldn't put forth this amount of effort. Everything else is doing well, with flowers on the tomatoes, all the squash and the peppers. Been eating lettuce for awhile, and going to re-seed the half of the bed that we already picked. I don't like the second growth when we've cut it with scissors, so I just pull the whole thing out and re-seed a section at a time.