• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

having a great time

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, the Harry Truman kitty from Spirit Lake. :clap:

Sooooo, what are the 'hooks' on the front for?

And why the rounded windshield? Was it to help the canvas roof seal??

(other than to build no two the same, even from side to side :yum:)

Your space is getting pretty tight out there. Better send that one east . . .:whistling:

it is a 1949 tucker model 420, first one built of 1949 models, also it came with a half ton tucker sno cat trailer, the windshield and top assy was added later, and hoops on the side were for carrying skis.

the old tucker is headed back to oregon, ( fyi, i can stack them high, no need to ship them east, only thing east i can do, is ship them back home, so, mr net, your only hope it to move to the land of orange ), the shovel and axe are oringal to the machine. And a big thanks to Alaska Steve!!! ( 3512 B), he has made the moving the tucker home so easy. thanks again, and yes the big ass tucker trailer is home back also.

Attachments

• DSCN0404.jpg
    DSCN0404.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0406.jpg
    DSCN0406.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCN0407.jpg
    DSCN0407.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Harrys Tucker is in Wasilla Alaska,at the museum of Transportation and industry, i saw it back in 2010.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jinn, I guess i was posting same time as you:biggrin:,Im sure you will take better care of it then the Alaska museum !! Don

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
don, thanks for the great photos, and yes, we will take very good care of it, first, it will go inside a heated building, thanks again

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is a 1949 tucker model 420, first one built of 1949 models, also it came with a half ton tucker sno cat trailer, the windshield and top assy was added later, and hoops on the side were for carrying skis.

the old tucker is headed back to oregon, ( fyi, i can stack them high, no need to ship them east, only thing east i can do, is ship them back home, so, mr net, your only hope it to move to the land of orange ), the shovel and axe are oringal to the machine. And a big thanks to Alaska Steve!!! ( 3512 B), he has made the moving the tucker home so easy. thanks again, and yes the big ass tucker trailer is home back also.

Isnt land of orange going green come July 1? At the least send that back east!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just came across a oldie but goodie photo of harry the cat, it was taken up on mt. st. helens, washington in the early 50's

Attachments

• Ski%20Cabin%20and%20Cat.jpg
    Ski%20Cabin%20and%20Cat.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 608

Sno-Surfer

Great stuff. Thanks for posting all this up. Looking forward to watching these orange things get fixed up! What a great collection and so glad to see these saved!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
update, the '53 tucker 421, is now in the paint booth, engine is done and ready to go back in when paint is done. moving along nicely.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You better get a hat lined up for you know who's mountain reenactment next month . . .:biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 474
question---does anyone know how they put the lettering into to the steel panels like the tucker trailer in the pic.----ive done letters with my bead roller but not that nice----here in rome ny. we had a radiator company many moons ago that made them for henry ford and other companies --I was given some name dies. but they are not 2 piece dies--the lettering is not raised --they are cut into the steel blocks-one day iam going to take some brass and I was thinking maybe some sand and put it in my press ---sand on bottom/brass--steel block on top----?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a much beefier frame compared to the orig or weatherby torpedos. Heavy duty frame could sure support a large displacement motor....

Maybe somebody is looking to improve upon an already record setting top speed torpedo?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
question---does anyone know how they put the lettering into to the steel panels like the tucker trailer in the pic.----ive done letters with my bead roller but not that nice----here in rome ny. we had a radiator company many moons ago that made them for henry ford and other companies --I was given some name dies. but they are not 2 piece dies--the lettering is not raised --they are cut into the steel blocks-one day iam going to take some brass and I was thinking maybe some sand and put it in my press ---sand on bottom/brass--steel block on top----?

yup, tuckerville minions know the secret of stamping and happy to share

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a much beefier frame compared to the orig or weatherby torpedos. Heavy duty frame could sure support a large displacement motor....

Maybe somebody is looking to improve upon an already record setting top speed torpedo?

think small block crate engine with 500 pontoons

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a quick project...for winter outings

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,371