• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Network Rescue, no cat

rockhead

So the alarms started going bleeep bleep bleeep the other night, wind howling, raining like a mofo, and suddenly I have a couple hundred clients with no Netflix :hammer:. The cat unfortunately has its tranny out to resolve slippage and shaking. I could skidoo, but yeesh, that is like hard work. In the morning I call the local Yamaha dealer and say 'ok you got something better than my rhino on tracks, prove it'.
I was very happy that they did, as I prepped gear in case of misdiagnosis I get a canary warning, power is now out at that site as well, add a generator and battery charger to the kit to be ready.
Yammy dealer claimed that the newer SxS Wolverine would have more power, power steering, and better flotation than my rhino did and these all proved to be true. It also had gigantic mud(snow)flaps behind the front track which dramatically reduced the amount of snow piling up in the cab. I would not say the machine had an easy time climbing the snowy mountain but it was not the doomed struggle experience that the rhino had given me. It balked on a couple of steep bits and switchbacks but with judicious backing up and taking a run at the toughest spots it did power through.
BC Hydro was at the bottom of the mountain when we arrived, unloading a five seater Tucker snocat, buddy asks 'what are those worth?', oh just a quarter million or so. Talked with the guy unloading the machine, 'oh no I'm not going up there' he says, as I notice the Fleet Services badge on his coveralls, lol, must be nice.
Ring Ring <accent ='British'> Yesss ?
Bring the snocat around Jeeves, we have some work to do.:laugh3:
We threw our gear into the wolverine, I wanted to see it in virgin snow, not in an established track.

Up top with the wind howling it was near miserable, the LAN problem, of course, had magically healed ( I guess that means water ingress into the radio ), but we came to work so the cable got replaced anyway for good measure. Hydro estimated power to be back on more than 36 hours before battery exhaustion would so we called it a day and got home before dark.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DiNTwYUBhGhHYNWa2

Attachments

• noCat.jpg
    noCat.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 180
  • hydroTucker.jpg
    hydroTucker.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 183

rockhead

Nope, Hamilton Mountain near Douglas Lake, it was a great day, except at the peak and there the wind was nearly unbearable:unsure: