• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Off Road Diesel in an oil burner.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I am helping a friend install a Buderus Oil fired boiler. Just about done. We need to test it and he never called the oil company for a delivery. Now with the cold wave, they cannot come for a week. Anyhoo, I suggested that we test it with off road diesel fuel to at least make sure every thing works. He seemed nervous about that, but I remember reading there is no difference between off road diesel and heating oil. Is that true?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's true as far as I'm concerned. The main difference is the sulfur content. You can use off-road diesel in a furnace but you're not supposed to use heating oil in a diesel engine due to EPA sulfur regulations.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we3 do it all the time out in rual Alaska where there isn't tankage for 2 products

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanx guys, I knew I had read that more then once in the past, but just wanted to verify before I try to sound like an expert. LOL.