• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pontoon tune up

Sno-Surfer

Well it's time for my Tucker initiation. I was getting pretty good at replacing cotter pins and some rollers last season but now it's time I take those pontoons off and get some work done to them before I pile on the miles this season. Seems like all Tucker owners also have shops and seem to know what they are doing. Well I have a driveway and a couple phone numbers of sno cat experts and I've been able to get them off myself with a floor jack and furniture dollies. But the first one I sure scratched my head a lot. 2nd one was much easier to remove. I hope getting them back on goes as well....

IMG_9500.jpg

IMG_9504.jpg

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

Sno Drifter says he runs the wood sticks the other way but with those shimming boards, this worked out fine.
One question. Once you get the small cap off the end, you then need to take the axle nuts off but there is a cotter pin in there. I cut them out to get it off but how do you reinstall that cotter pin? Seems the walls of the bearing housing are in the way. One side was wired on and I can see why but if I wanted cotter pins, how do you do it?

IMG_9505.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

This journal was loose and I'll need to get it welded back on. How do my bottoms look to you experts?

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

One of these nuts have a seal on them. One of them is damaged, you can see it next to the good one. I don't see any part # on it to get it replaced. Any ideas? Not sure how much it's needed.

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

I see someone made their own axle extension at some point. Looks better than the original.

IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9555.jpg

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

Well these loaded upside down. Don't quite understand why. Blue tape are areas that need some welding. My good friend brought over his trailer this morning so we can load them up and bring them to the welding shop. My truck is in the shop too so it was nice to have a little help with this.

IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bend the cotter pins to a gentle radius and work them into place. I would not worry about the seal on the nut, it is there for use in a truck which uses the 90 wt. oil to lube the axle bearings. Pack the bearings with good quality bearing grease. BTW, that hammer is way to small for any serious cat work.

nikos

Sno-Surfer

Well these loaded upside down. Don't quite understand why. Blue tape are areas that need some welding. My good friend brought over his trailer this morning so we can load them up and bring them to the welding shop. My truck is in the shop too so it was nice to have a little help with this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 190