• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I assumed Tractor Supply Co stocked larger drive belts for mowers

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You'd think that with the number of Land Pride (and similar brand) mower decks used on compact utility tractors around this nation that T.S.C. would stock the belts for the various 3pt hitch type mower decks.

NOPE

They do have a wide selection of garden tractor mower deck drive belts. All of which are about 1/2 the length I need. I did a web search on the T.S.C. website after I got home and you apparently can't even order the belt I need. Oh, and their website is horrible for product searches.

So today is rest day ... I'll wait until tomorrow when the real tractor dealership opens up to buy a B136 belt ... of course its supposed to be hot and sunny tomorrow for mowing :ermm:

Amazon has them. Of course. So worst case is I can get one in a couple days. But I'd prefer to buy local if I can do so.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
B136 is a common industrial belt. Go to an industrial supply that carries v belts and they'll probably have it in stock and for less than the dealer.
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

We don't have Rural King where I live and as I broke the belt on Sunday, a day when many stores are closed, I went to the only store that was open that I figured was a logical bet to have the belt. The T.S.C. store is 2 towns north of where I live. There is a local tractor dealership that should have the belt and will be opening in about an hour. I'd rather go there and 'shop local' than wait for something to arrive from an internet source ... but I did check a couple internet sources and Amazon has them with free 2 day 'prime' shipping if I need to go that route, other sources would take longer.

Still can't believe that Tractor Supply Co doesn't sell this size belt :doh:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe I was too hard on Tractor Supply for not having the belt.

My local dealership doesn't have the belt either.

Ordered it. Should arrive in a few days.

Buy 2 and the first one will last forever, LOL!!
Mike

Actually I did that with the mower deck for my old New Holland tractor. Sold the tractor & deck 5+ years ago.

Still have the extra belt :hammer:

jwstewar

Maybe I was too hard on Tractor Supply for not having the belt.

My local dealership doesn't have the belt either.

Ordered it. Should arrive in a few days.

Actually I did that with the mower deck for my old New Holland tractor. Sold the tractor & deck 5+ years ago.

Still have the extra belt :hammer:

I'll take that belt off your hands, I got through a couple a year when the brackets break holding the gear box in place.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll take that belt off your hands, I got through a couple a year when the brackets break holding the gear box in place.

Its actually the same size as one of my Ventrac belts, so no need for me to unload it. Figure as long as I have it the Ventrac belt will never break ... if I send it off to you I'll end up with a broken Ventrac belt in short order.

jwstewar

Its actually the same size as one of my Ventrac belts, so no need for me to unload it. Figure as long as I have it the Ventrac belt will never break ... if I send it off to you I'll end up with a broken Ventrac belt in short order.

I understand that, buy a spare so you never need it. Just like the minute I throw something away, I need it tomorrow.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... the minute I throw something away, I need it tomorrow.

YUP, that has happened more times than I can count.

On the bright side the replacement belt arrived via UPS, installed in less 5 minutes (a record time for me) with no bloody knuckles or pinched fingers and is working perfectly :flowers: