• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Social forums?

Do you have a MySpace account or do you use Craigslist?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I have a myspace account but don't use it & do not use craigslist.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have a MySpace account? Do you use Craigslist?
If so, what do you like about it?
And what don't you like about it?

Would you use MySpace if it was more geared to adults? Perhaps in a forum format?

I'm looking for thoughts and ideas on this subject.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Craigslist and MySpace are too different beasts. Merge the two and you pretty much end up with eBay.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What are you thinking, Doc?

I'm trying to zero in on my next forum. I have a forum license no longer in use for nettvtalk.com, so I'm looking for something more viable.

My original idea is to make community forums like craigs list but with VB software which I consider 1000% more user friendly. I'm looking for a way for new posts to only work for the community you are currrently viewing. In other words a city such as Columbus Oh would have a forum just for them to chat, talk about community issues and advertise in the Columbus Classifieds. Every community would have the same subset of forums. Special ones for each community would come later, but all would start the same.

I mentioned My Space because everyone says it's popular. I can't stand it and believe it is only popular with the very young internet users (25 <), the reason I'm asking here is to see if I'm way off base, and wondering what features of those two popular websites you like, so that I'm might emulate some parts of each site.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Craigslist and MySpace are too different beasts. Merge the two and you pretty much end up with eBay.

That is not the part of the two I'm trying to merge. I'm looking from a forum aspect for a place to talk about local issues (the community part of craigs list) & getting to know other local people, to discuss issues etc, Classifieds will be a part of it but hopefully not the biggest part. I'm undecided on whether or not to have personals, but if that is a popular part of craigslist I might have to do that. This is partly why I'm seeking input from you guys (active forum users).

I have no interest in being anything like ebay.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc,
I read Craigs list every so often, but have never found anything that interesting. I do keep looking for a 16' trailer locally there. I really don't care for the personals myself, but hey, I'm married and my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that anyway.
Myspace sucks, if you ask me. When trying to keep up on my younger brother in Florida and see whats new with him, I'll look at it. I can't get too far there because the individuals pages are so loaded with graphics and profile songs, it takes too long to load on this old dinosaur.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
That is not the part of the two I'm trying to merge. I'm looking from a forum aspect for a place to talk about local issues (the community part of craigs list) & getting to know other local people, to discuss issues etc, Classifieds will be a part of it but hopefully not the biggest part. I'm undecided on whether or not to have personals, but if that is a popular part of craigslist I might have to do that. This is partly why I'm seeking input from you guys (active forum users).

I have no interest in being anything like ebay.

Sorry, I just surf Craigslist for used tools and equipment. I don't look at the other stuff and forgot it was even there. :pat:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Since I dont or cant see dates on these posts, I will assume that they are recent. I use yahoo 360 daily, have a great bunch of friends on there. It is a pretty much great forum for just about anything.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Since I dont or cant see dates on these posts, I will assume that they are recent. I use yahoo 360 daily, have a great bunch of friends on there. It is a pretty much great forum for just about anything.

Danny...the date and time are above your picture. It's low contrast, so I can easily imagine that some people can't see it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Craigslist is where I got most of my tractor add ons . I just picked up a nice AC unit for my meat locker for $50 today . Never been to myspace.