• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weatherman Predicts 20% Chance Of Snow

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Pics show what can happen in the mountains when upslope weather conditions develope for about 7 hours. Boy did the weatherman miss his 1/2 inch of new snow by about 16 inches plus. We quit working early yesterday to go out and enjoy the wonderful outdoors.

I wonder if the Snowtracs and Kristi cats could even move in this kind of snow? Is all the talk just huff and puff?:weneedpic I would not want to get in a race with you guys as pavement is hard on metal grousers. With a tug of war we could hook both a Kristi and a Snotrac to the back of the LMC at the same time and the LMC would still be able to go forward.:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: While you guys were just talking last evening we were out having fun in the snow.
P3220020 B.JPG

P3220048 B.JPG

P3220053 B.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple days ago we had 12" of snow roll through about 40 miles south of where I live.

I got NOTHING.

:snow_smi:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I dont know about the Kristis but the Snow Master would just float on the top and not drag bottom. That looks like about what we recieved just last week.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I dont know about the Kristis but the Snow Master would just float on the top and not drag bottom. That looks like about what we recieved just last week.

:weneedpic :weneedpic :weneedpic Floating Snow Master pics!!!!!:yum:

We got about 8 to 10 inches maybe last weekend with a prediction of 12 to 18 inches of snow. I prefer to just have another snowfall like yesterdays 20% prediction and a 1/2 inch of new snow!!!!!:thumb: Ten miles down the road south from us they got about 2 to 3 inches of new snow.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
I wonder if the Snowtracs and Kristi cats could even move in this kind of snow? Is all the talk just huff and puff?:weneedpic I would not want to get in a race with you guys as pavement is hard on metal grousers. With a tug of war we could hook both a Kristi and a Snotrac to the back of the LMC at the same time and the LMC would still be able to go forward.:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: While you guys were just talking last evening we were out having fun in the snow.
Ok !!!! Thats IT !!! I may have to take this from a bunch of snot nose Snot trac owners, but I "Will Not" sit here and have some "LMC wanna be snowcat owner" challenge me !! How do we actully know it snowed and that your just not using some "photo touch up site" to make it looked like it snowed .

I bet this isn't even you !!! I bet its Bob S. pretending to be you . Yea I thought so .... Pretty clever ....Bob ...... Coming up with some bogus story about living the good life in the Mountains , fightin chipmunks with a 458 cal.thumblicker special , having a pretty girl at your side and driving some "whiz bang" LMC . I bet if you really had a LMC it would have training wheels on it !!! Nobody would really have a "log in name" like "Mtnflopper" or "stopper" or "topper" or whatever it is .
Nice try Bob .... But I ain't as dumb as I look !!! No wait ... That don't sound right .....:Unsure:
And I wasn't just sitting around talking last night .... I also had to go wee .
So there !!!
Good Day Sir!!!:coolshade

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Allen this is one time when you and I are on the same side. Good old "mtnflopper" stepped in it this time! And while I am silly enough to play with snowcats and probably am the only one in Indiana to own one (for which I do get eternal grief from the lovely Mrs_B) I now find myself in the very uncomfortable position of being in agreement with you. :puke1:

But the good news is that I woke up to snow today. Granted not much. And unfortunately this may well be our last snow of the season. But it was a nice surprise. Below are photos I took about 5:30am this morning (sorry about the quality, these are cameraphone photos). As I drove to work I found far less snow as I came north closer to Lake Michigan, but it was coming down hard at home. . . I may have to sneak home from work early today if the snow keeps up and go out and play in the last now of the year.

Hey DaveNay, are you getting any snow out west of the city?

Attachments

• 114234502405_3300.jpg
    114234502405_3300.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 114234514053_3300.jpg
    114234514053_3300.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 114234517893_3300.jpg
    114234517893_3300.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 126

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't get caught in an avalanche of cornstalks and have to dig out the infamous Snotrac. But with your new shovel it will not take you long to find the training wheels again. :weneedpic

Got to drive up to Billings MT today to see if I can find one of those fancy avalanche shovels, I may really have a use for one to fight off all the hate and discontent now being directed my way by the wanna be snow catters!!!! I hope all of you get a bunch snow and can get rid of all that pent-up aggression. Works for me!!!!!:thumb: "mtnflopper"

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK thats it! That LMC does pretty damn good in the deep stuff. Wait was I supposed to say that? Hmm. Well try climbing a 7% grade in that stuff and then take some pictures. Then try 14% grade. Have fun!:D