• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Summer Clowder 9/28-30, 2018 Elkader Iowa.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the Idea was to rotate the summer events to different locations and Nobody stepped up..... well that is a lie. We got a venue and it will be EPIC so here we go.

The 2018 Mid West Cat Clowder summer edition.
The thought is to keep it simple, snow cat work is ok as long as it has a social over tone.

Come One, Come all. September 28th thru 30 will be a snow cat GTG in Elkader Iowa. Camping on site, Bring a camper, Tent ect....
There are franchise hotels near by. 20 Minutes away this year.
There is a big Asylum to find a spot in. What ever suits your needs.

Bring a Cat.
Buy a Cat
Sell a Cat
Fix a Cat
Operate a Cat.

There are a one distressed ST-4 and a tucker that will be the focus of the mechanical attention.

A amphibious russian track layer could be available for viewing.

there is an epic Lambic Beer event in town if that is your thing. search Zwanze Day Elkader and get your tickets before it sells out (brenda)

https://tenemu.com/news/cantillon-announces-2018-zwanze-day-details-locations/07/2018

There will be corn roasted.
There are UNIMOG games to be had.
Humvee backing competition might be fun.

Elkader is a fantastic little WISCONSIN town that just happens to be located in IOWA.

Please contact your networks of enthusiast any way you can as not many folks are thinking snow this time of year and most likely are not here to see the short notice invite.

any and all comments for activities welcome, I feel the host compound is quite entertaining. It is rumored to be haunted.

So PINE STUMPS are you ready?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like someone got a head start on buying before everyone else, we now have a new member of the tucker mafia, one by one, they will drink the koolaid...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome a tucker guy is leading the way, I wonder how many years of tucker we can get together this year. Last year was 1950's thru the 90's

check out decent mfg, thread. the drunk frog may be on display.....

Talking it over, there is electrical, hot and cold water hook up, WiFi, and tools (automotive, welding, cutting, fabrication, etc) to assist in machine repair/updates all available for the meet.

As the sqwrl alluded to, there are a lot more things to do around Elkader and its vicinity once the snowcatting wears off (but does it?).

In Elkader if you are into canoeing/kayaking you got a whitewater course for kayaking or take a 3 hour float down the Turkey River from the hatchery. You basically land right next to the GTG place. If anyone is interested in vintage Caterpillar iron I might be able to get you into the moyna museum that holds around 45 antique tractors from CAT, Best, Holt and many more interesting earthmoving equipment.

North of Marquette you got Effigy Mounds and going south of McGregor you got Pikes Peak (the one and but not the only). Good places to take in some Mississippi River vistas.

Across the river in Prarie du Chien you got mini-golfing, go-karts, Wyalusing and many stores/eateries.

And yes the "Drunk Frog" will be available for demoing :thumbup:

funtracks

Sounds like an epic adventure! I've heard of "social butterflies" but we need to coin new term, "social squirrels"! You're doing a great job, wish I could attend. Our power plant will be in the middle of a refueling outage, I'm working the night shift that weekend. :yuk:

The drunk frog awaits your presence

o78yvq.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A few nearby hotels,

Elkader Inn Motel
Address: 24886 Highway 13 N, Elkader, IA 52043-8178
Phone: (563) 245-2020

Super 8 by Wyndham Prairie du Chien
1930 S Marquette Rd, Hwys 18 & 35 South, Prairie du Chien
608-326-8777

AmeriVU Bluffview Inn & Suites
37268 us hwy 18, hwy 35 & 60 South, Prairie du Chien
608-326-4777

Windsor Place Inn
1936 S Marquette rd Prairie du Chien
608 326 7799

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
canoeing/kayaking you got a whitewater course for kayaking
or
take a 3 hour float down the Turkey River from the hatchery. You basically land right next to the GTG place.

Is this an inter-tube drag a cooler type float or a I should stay in the vessel with a life preserver near by type of *FLOAT*

OldShopTeacher

I plan on being there, already booked a motel for a couple nights. Won't have any Snow-Tracs along, in the process of refurbishing. Looking forward to the trip and meeting some northerners!!

Sqrwl, this time of year a kayak or canoe would be the best option. The current is still pretty fast for tubes, the last thing you want is to plunge off the spillway!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are a couple photos from the summer clowder.

There was a fun welcoming event at Schera's Algerian American Restaurant & Bar right on the Turkey River Down Town Elkader Iowa.

Saturday am started out with some Team building activities, Also called wood cutting, chair and tent setting up and coffee drinking.
as the day progressed the folks that travelled in saturday were welcomed into a chaotic ongoing perpetual busy-ness, everything we could find that could be started up was, this included a vintage Natural Gas heater, D-2 Caterpillar, a Unimog, a street legal HumVee and a drunk frog.

The group explored a really old *root cellar* Went boating in a lake ala Intoxicated Frog from Decent MFG.
I can honestly say snow cat people really don't care for marginally bouyant track layers. (the russians make amphibious water travel look easy)

We toured New earth moving manufacturing, we toured a very expansive collection of Catepillar track laying equipment.

The weekend ended with a Vintage Snow Cat Association Board mtg. robert's rules were followed, and having a full board, achieved legal quorum.
The Bylaws are hear by amended to prohibit the Question " so, What (or) Why (did / Do), You (Own / Buy) a snow cat.
Furthermore known as a track laying machine.

Sorry for the picture orientation, capture the image, email the image, Save the image, upload the image, confuses the Keep of the MPEG Bandwidth....

Attachments

• welcome.jpg
    welcome.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 180
  • froghill.jpg
    froghill.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 184
  • frogbone.jpg
    frogbone.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 184

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the weather God's smiled and I went to Elkader...

Great time by those who attended.. Special thanks to N.E. Iowa for hosting the event..

Just wish I could post the pics I took, but as of now Windows 10 and I are not agreeing on how to do just that..

Great to see everyone as always. Fun times with some adult toys with motors in them!! :clap:

Regards, Kirk