• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out for the weekend to visit family.:17875: :wave:

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Brian

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Hot..... very Hot... stolen turkey.....

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS,
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER
STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.
Happy Thanksgiving

attachment.php

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Same to everyone, from the rest of the family...

Attachments

• Happy Thanksgiving (361 x 500).jpg
    Happy Thanksgiving (361 x 500).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's an Egg Nog Recipe that is the real deal - it's a project to make, but it is worth the work!

Egg Nog
  1. 3 Eggs
  2. ½ Cup Sugar
  3. ¼ Cup Cognac
  4. ½ Cup Light Rum
  5. ½ Cup Countreiou Orange Liquor
  6. ¾ Cup Milk
  7. 1 ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Separate Eggs, save the whites in a container in the refrigerator, put yolks in large bowl, and beat till smooth. Gradually add sugar then Cognac, then Rum, then Orange Liquor. Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
After at least one hour, add milk, fold in whipped cream, then stiffly beaten egg whites.
Pour into glasses and top with Nutmeg.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Happy Thanksgiving to all you crazy Americans! I'm thankful for my green card and the fact that you guys let me hide out down here!

Well, I'm also thankful for all the other stuff too!

P

Pigtails

Well, I hope everyone feels good now... Man, am I stuffed. Just like the bird was.. haha.. Actually we had a very interesting Thanksgiving. We decided to go out to a nice restaurant to have our dinner. First time EVER..for Thanksgiving. They served turkey, of course, ham, and the best prime rib ever.. And of course all the extras. Yum. Hope all of you had a great day.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_B served up a brine soaked turkey that was the best turkey I've ever eaten. Plus ham, yams, corn, brussel sprouts, mashed red potatoes, baked beans, rolls, salad, and a few other things I can't remember. Earlier we had appetizers of lox, shimp, cheese, peppers, crustini, etc. And what surprised me most of all is that I had room for desserts! Not a big housefull of people but we had some relatives over and the eating started early, finished late and everyone just went home. Oh, and I fell asleep on the floor while the football game was on.

I hope everyone else had a good day too!

Attachments

• Thanksgiving-785099.jpg
    Thanksgiving-785099.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 48

OkeeDon

Deep fried turkey, ham from the grill, 3 kinds of veggies, 2 kinds of potatoes (no smashed taters this year, instead a hash brown casserole that was to die for), home-made cranbery sauce, fresh bread -- blown diet.

Tomorrow we pack, Saturday we embark for 26 day cruise from Miami to 1,000 miles up the Amazon and back. Home in time for Christmas. There is internet access on the ship (Oceania Regatta), but expensive (almost $1 per minute) and slow, so no visits for me until we're back.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OkeeDon said:
Tomorrow we pack, Saturday we embark for 26 day cruise from Miami to 1,000 miles up the Amazon and back. Home in time for Christmas. There is internet access on the ship (Oceania Regatta), but expensive (almost $1 per minute) and slow, so no visits for me until we're back.

Don, you and the Misses have a great trip.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Don.. have a good trip and don't forget that I want that hash brown casserole recipe when you get back.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Junkman said:
Don.. have a good trip and don't forget that I want that hash brown casserole recipe when you get back.

I would not mind the recipe also. Anything with Hash Browns is great.

murph

Dutch-NJ

People started coming over here about 8:00 am for breakfast. Brunch started about 11:00 am. I guess about 50 people passed through.

Two of my grandsons and I went out about 2:00 pm to deliver dinners to a few older, shut in people.

Dinner was served at 5:00 pm. My family of 14, plus 5 in-laws, and 8 friends (total 27).

I went to bed about 8:30 pm for a nap and woke at 10:00 pm. The last people just left at 11:45 pm.

Pigtails said:
We decided to go out to a nice restaurant to have our dinner. First time EVER..for Thanksgiving.

B_Skurka said:
Oh, and I fell asleep on the floor while the football game was on.

Our family went the restaurant route one year too.

It didn’t feel like Thanksgiving. None of our family food specialties, no seconds, no good old fashioned family arguments, just ate and left.

I didn’t even feel comfortable laying down on the restaurant floor.

AndyM

Charter Member
Thanksgiving dinner for two at the all you can eat buffet at the truck stop by the highway.

Dutch-NJ

PBinWA said:
Happy Thanksgiving to all you crazy Americans! I'm thankful for my green card and the fact that you guys let me hide out down here!

Well, I'm also thankful for all the other stuff too!

We Americans may be "crazy," but we're not stupid.

I think we got the better end of the deal.

We got you and Canada got thousands of our pinko draft dodgers.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dutch-NJ said:
We Americans may be "crazy," but we're not stupid.

We got you and Canada got thousands of our pinko draft dodgers.

Thanks Dutch - I'll take that as a compliment. There are lots of conservative hard working Canadians that would like to come to the US but it's actually not as easy as it should be. The US immigration policy is pretty much closed to non-marriage based immigration from Canada.

Dutch-NJ

PBinWA said:
Thanks Dutch - I'll take that as a compliment.

• Originally Posted by Dutch-NJ

How else could you “take” that?

Even my non-English speaking friends would understand.

Just goes to prove Shaw was correct, “Two nations separated by a common language.”

PBinWA said:
There are lots of conservative hard working Canadians that would like to come to the US but it's actually not as easy as it should be. The US immigration policy is pretty much closed to non-marriage based immigration from Canada.

• Originally Posted by Dutch-NJ
    We Americans may be "crazy," but we're not stupid..

I’d like to modify my comment to exclude our lawmakers and bureaucrats.

What am I missing? Mexicans are able to come across our Southern border by the millions. Are Canadians THAT law abiding?

............. But, there may be a solution. Now that the Democrats control congress, watch for a change in same sex and multiple marriage laws. Once the law changes, I’ll “marry” as many Canadians as may want. All I’ll want is the price of the “honeymoon” in Niagra Falls. If they really expect me to show up, they can wait for me.

BoneheadNW

I had to work on Thanksgiving, but we only had one call in the entire 24 hour shift (of course that was at midnight). In addition to the normal feast, we had no less than 22 different desserts, 21 of which were donated to the fire department. Definately a major perk of the job! I think I have watched enough football until ..... until sunday!
Bonehead