• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy Crap. 10" Inches of Rain

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We were told we were going to get a lot of rain. I heard 2 to 4" on Thursday. It started this afternoon around 4:00pm and the forecast is 10" by Friday morning. Water is already flooding all over the place now. If this keeps up who knows how much flooding we will get.

10" of Rain By Friday

Ironman

Geez Murph, seems like it rained all summer over by you. Pretty soon you'll need to trade your bike in on a jet ski. Hope it doesn't get to bad by you.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
YUP!! Here too. Rain never hurt any one that lives on a hill. lol

Statement as of 9:01 PM CDT on September 22, 2010

... Flood Watch now in effect from 4 am CDT Thursday through late
Thursday night...

The Flood Watch is now in effect for

* portions of east central Minnesota and Wisconsin... including
the following areas... in east central Minnesota... Pine. In
Wisconsin... Burnett... price... Sawyer and Washburn.

* From 4 am CDT Thursday through late Thursday night

* rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches can be expected generally along
and south of US Highway 2. Light rain will start later
tonight... and increase in intensity late. Rain intensity may let
up Thursday morning... before increasing again Thursday afternoon.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Geez Murph, seems like it rained all summer over by you. Pretty soon you'll need to trade your bike in on a jet ski. Hope it doesn't get to bad by you.

Yeah we sure had a lot this summer. Pretty much destroyed my garden cause I couldn't get to the weeds. As for the bike I am headed out to the inlaws in North Dakota. It is dry out there.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wish we could get some of that rain around here. Seems like the showers have been missing along the NY/PA border for the past few months. My deer plot has barely germinated and the springs and creeks are drying up quick.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Northern Iowa/southern Minnisota has had rain over it for more than 24 hours. The system just keeps rolling over the same area.:doh: No one needs this, especially this time of year. Hope it quits pretty soon...:sad:

Regards, Kirk

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We now have major highways closed. Hwy 52 North of Rochester has both lanes blocked due to water. Lake Pepin which I spent most of the morning in the fricken rain pulling out docks and boat lifts is going to rise by more than 7 feet and hit flood stage. Not typical this time of year. Getting home from work my wife had to take side streets and go around all of the flooded streets to get home. We are suppose to leave for North Dakota tomorrow but all major roads going north are closed. Will have to find some old gravel roads to get around the flooded ones. Wished it was a good enough excuse to stay home but my wife is hell bent on going.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
We are officially in a "moderate drought" where I live. I have no yard. We haven't had any measurable rain since spring. I've had my pond for about 14 years and it's definitely at it's lowest level. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon. Places as close as 5 miles away have had very small storms pop up and give them 3" of rain or so and then just disappear. Not here.

I suppose in one aspect I'm lucky, I'm enjoying (not) having mono that I got from caring from my daughter. I can't do much anyway. I haven't mowed the lawn in over a month and it just has a few high places. I figure I'll wait a bit longer and then I'll only have to mow it once or twice more this year. My pool is closing itself. With over 100 days of temps over 90 degrees and no rain, it's almost down to closing level. Hopefully we get some rain though, the dust is brutal. Most of my recently planted trees (a couple of years ago) are extremely stressed even though I've tried to water them a couple times a week.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We left for the inlaws this morning and we had to go about an hour out of our way to get to a main road to the twin cities. All major roads have water running across someplace. Not much notice on this flood like you get in the spring.

Go to KTTC and look at some of the videos. It is amazing what water can do in a rather short time. The mayor of Zumbro Falls is a good friend of mine that I 4 wheel with.

rugerman

Right now we are sitting on .02 inch for the month of Sept. But there is a 40% chance for tonight and 70% for tomorrow, I haven't cut the grass this month, my lawn is crunchy right now, and the deer plots that we planted 3 weeks ago are a dust bowl, except in the low places where we are getting some growth. We are supposed to bust up and plant 3 fields in the morning, weather permiting. I hope we get it planted then the rain but if it rains us out I'll still be happy.

rugerman

Broke up the fields with a spring tooth harrow this morning, dusty as hell, left large clods so I drug the field after we broke it up then planted and drug it again to cover the seed. Started raining as we were spreading the seed on the largest field, by the time that we got tru it wasn't dusty anymore and I had a 1 inch layer of mud on my boots and truck tires. Still raining, nice slow rain hope it keeps up all day and thru the night, weather channel says 100% chance today and 70% tonight, radar looks real good for a good soaker. Perfect timing.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We finally got nice light rain for about 2 days and may get more tomorrow. At least the dust is wet enough to quit blowing around. The clay on our dirt roads gets slick as can be after such a dry spell.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If you want rain try moving to Wales, UK. We have far too much, would love to send you some if you send us some fine weather, I can't even cut my grass (won't dignify it with the name lawn) it is too long and won't dry out long enough to be cut.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is some aerial views of the area. The first pic where the bridge washed out, the dam below it was also ready to give to so they dropped the gates and let the water above run out.

The second pic shows the water over the road but the guy who took the pic should have shown more to the left which was where the town is.

The third pic is of Hammond where probably the most damage was done and many people won't even rebuild there. It had a bank and a couple of bars from what I remember.

Attachments

• cbfuy4pxx8cd7o106201082348.jpg
    cbfuy4pxx8cd7o106201082348.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
  • id2pr5ps2znwff106201082349.jpg
    id2pr5ps2znwff106201082349.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 36
  • c29pm67t8cibv2106201082348.jpg
    c29pm67t8cibv2106201082348.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 34

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nbzM3ZI0pw&feature=related"]YouTube - Raindrops keep falling on my head[/ame]