• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB Snow cat

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
unless your Big Al or Bobcat maybe not what you want as stated you aren't going to plow with it but it would be capable of getting you up and down the hill. also it won't really attract hot snow babes you need a snow trac for that

my snowtrac did attract a few females, until they saw someone fly by with a speedy snowmobile - sleddogs are what you want if you're really interested in attracting pretty girls - lol :wow::wow:

Copperhead

It would be for just the up and down hill. I understand it wouldn't be for plowing. Just to get the family and groceries up to the house. Supposedly it runs good and has that cool studebaker front end from the 50's.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my snowtrac did attract a few females, until they saw someone fly by with a speedy snowmobile - sleddogs are what you want if you're really interested in attracting pretty girls - lol :wow::wow:

if you think Suzan butcher is hot like my buddy Joe you have been on the trail too long.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
unless your Big Al or Bobcat maybe not what you want as stated you aren't going to plow with it but it would be capable of getting you up and down the hill using a tow rope. also it won't really attract hot snow babes you need a snow trac for that

Fixed it for you:whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this sort of like what you're after, Copperhead?

http://assets.lespac.com/binary/detBig/135617013.jpg
http://assets.lespac.com/binary/detBig/135617012.jpg
http://assets.lespac.com/binary/detBig/135617011.jpg

Asking price is $5,200 US and is negotiable. Importing from Canada to the USA is easy... just a paper chase.

Although the price looks good do not consider a sidewalk plow a snowcat
They will loose there ability to steer after about 18-24 inches of snow and in
Rough side hill terrain will tip over ( been there done that ) with the narrow
Stance and little tracks they do not stay on top of any ammount of snow unless
Packed. They will push snow, better if they have the metal exposed cleats rather
Than the rubber covered the rubber covered will just spin on ice. JMO

Okanagan

So, as you can see, Copperhead, you really do need to decide what your needs are based on how and where you plan to actually use it.

Stability is an issue depending on severity of terrain (speed and slope, especially sidehill), whether or not the machine will come into contact with your driveway's concrete surface (rubber tread vs. metal grouser), how much space you've got to maneuver inside of (dimensions and drive-type of machine), depth of snow you'll need to traverse (flotation), and how many millions you want spend to go 100'.

Of course, if you get 300 to 400 inches (25 -33 feet) of snow per year like Bobmog, just buy a tunnelling machine. :biggrin:

Copperhead

As far as what? A bathtub? Wonderful.

I don't think they are generally available nor handle a plow, if you're considering one.

But they do have an interesting design for sidehill operation.

Got a specific one in mind?
Yes, I do $5000 is what he is asking.

Tony307

If you're still looking I have a mid 60's thiokol spryte201 for sale $9000 recent tune up new clutch just a little cold blooded. No blade for plowing but I am sure someone could fab a mount to attach one though. I am located in Casper, Wy. I am a new member and as soon as I can fiqure out hoe to post pictures I will list this

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Newbie here and don't know much about snow cats since I'm from the south. We have a second home in Ouray, CO and it sits above the city with about a 100' driveway that is real steep. Like up the side of a mountain steep. So in the winter when we go there we have to park down on the city road and trek up this steep driveway covered in snow to get to the house. I'm way too old for that anymore. I think what I'd like to have is something that can hold 3-4 people and be able to climb the grade and possibly be able to plow the driveway. Not a lot of turn around room at the top of the driveway. Open to suggestions and if someone here has something that may work.

Plow a driveway ~ Buy a Spryte 1200, 1202 ect or possibly an LMC call Snow Trans , Weiser Idaho ask for Mary

snowcatt

Have you thought about a Bombi they seat 3 they turn on a dine I know a few people that have plows on them and say they work grate .I my self haven't tried one .
And I happen to have a real nice one for sale in your price range .
Its on the forum .Good luck and take care
nice place and what beautiful country side