• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: Bombardier SW48 @ $10,000 CDN

Okanagan

Hi y'all,

First timer here, so go easy on me please.

I'm in the market for an SW48 (not a J5 varient!) in the best condition I can find for about 10 grand Canadian.

I need a healthy, reliable, properly maintained work horse (in other words, fresh paint concealing severe cancer and/or half-ast repairs doesn't impress me). I AM willing to tackle a few repairs if necessary (so that's not a deal breaker by any means), but I certainly don't want a "project". I'm not interested in buying anybody's frapped-out basket case or a mere parts donor (like those commonly seen on kijiji and CL).

A low hour 300-I6 gasser would be fine with me, although a diesel would be preferable. I'd love to have a snow blower on the front if one's available, but a wide plow blade (longer than the base 48" unit) will suffice.

So yeah, hopefully there IS a Santa Claus who no longer needs his SW48 and is willing to part with his good piece of machinery for a fair and reasonable price.

I'll check here daily for your replies and leads, and we can exchange email addy's via IM herein to negotiate further if needed.

Have a safe day guys!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have this unit it's hydro to control the speed it would have had a snowblower at one time. You still turn with a controlled differential Ford 6 engine,solid tires

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 581

Okanagan

Wow, that was fast! Thanks guys!

@ Boogie: Nice unit! Please check your IM.

@ Timbuck: I appreciate the lead and your observations (really I do!), but two and half times really IS a "little bit more than my budget"... especially since my dollars are only worth 75 cents US these days. Great for American tourists coming north across the border, but sucks for us canucks trying to buy anything out of the good ol' US of A. Now, if things were reversed and my dollar was worth 25% more than yours... I'd be able shoot the guy an offer, albeit a lowball considering his asking price (which actually seems quite reasonable from what I've seen)!

timbuck767

Ha I figured as much. Like I said, keep in mind he's been posting these for some time. (Over a year). Might get desperate.

rcc

You should also call Bruce at Inland tracked Equipment in Etobicoke Ontario, he has several (or many) all ages and condition, he has two inside his shop. He also has them with snowblower or blades. His number is 416-239-3058.

Okanagan

Thank you guys, for your leads!

@ Track Addict; I looked. All I saw was a Bombi and two old J5's... but thanks anyways for your good intentions.

@ rcc; I'll get in touch with Bruce tomorrow, but so far Boggie's unit appears like it might be a pretty tough act to follow. Still, no final decisions have been made as yet, so thanks for the referral!

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Last edited:

Beartooth

Okanagan, I would consider selling my SW48 with blower if the money was right. With the blower, it is above your budget as posted. But, Here are a few shots from last year.

Attachments

• bomb snow 2.jpg
    bomb snow 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 454
  • bomb snow.jpg
    bomb snow.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 452

Okanagan

@ Bait Guy,
Nice little machine ya got there! Thanks for the great description, very helpful... good work!

I should have specified I need an oversized, hydraulically actuated angling plow (or a blower) in my original post... could have saved you a lot of effort. Mia Culpa! :sad:

Okanagan

I appreciate your keeping your ear to the rail and thinking of me, TA! Yup, price is right, sure enough! But it's so... (er) GREEN!

Could name it Kermit, though.

Just kidding!

Don't mean to sound too picky (especially considering the price), but it's not what I'm shopping for. I'm after the next model... the square one (for several reasons).

Thanks all the same, though!

teamster

I just watched a SW 48D with a Perkins diesel sell at Ritchies in Toronto for $7000. Is that kinda what you are looking for? Square cab and diesel.

Okanagan

@ teamster.

Yes. Yes it is! I got outbid on it! Had to allow for the additional $3000+ in shipping charges, so I couldn't justifiably go any higher with my bid.

Oh well, something will turn up... eventually! (Hopefully closer to home... those shipping costs will kill ya!)

yooperman

Check govdeals.com there are four of them for sale on there in the snow removal section. They are some where in Ontario.

Okanagan

Thanks Yoop. I'll check it out.

What with our incredible shrinking dollar and taxes/fees collected at the line, USA sourced equipment quickly becomes prohibitively expensive for Canadians.

Hence, I am most grateful to you for the lead! I'd rather my money went into actual equipment... instead of currency traders' and bureaucrats' pockets.