• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Found: ST4 wide track

teamster

While travelling to look at the 1642 Tucker I bought I spotted this unit. I didn't speak to the owner, just his son. I'm not the type to speak ill of someone I don't know personally, so I'll quote what the son told me. "My dad is a bit of a hoarder, the machine only has about a 1000 miles on it and he's firm on $10,000. for it. I'm only here to grow the vegetables." I had a very difficult time just walking in the yard and I never saw any "vegetables" but I did see some home made greenhouses. The son wouldn't make eye contact and he wasn't really coherent so I'm going to give the father a call in hopes that the son got the mileage and the price mixed up. HA HA

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 669

brianf

has been there for 20 years was more complete years ago I guess sprockets went for scrap value, many have tried but will be there 20 more years for sure

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh WOW I see what You mean there teamster...

This rig has been seen here before I think.

That one is a pass... for sure. $10K for a parts rig. It's never going to leave that place alive. Sad really.

Regards, Kirk

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Older brother to 0979 that has been on ff a few times, and is still for sale in se wa.

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't it have a great brush guard? That's worth waiting another 20 years for.
Or maybe he's afraid some one would take the trailer if that wasn't holding it down.

jask

The nomenclature was a little inconsistent with these machines lots of "B" models ended up ST4 and my ST4 was taged as ST 193... no 4 but I still love it anyways :)
That ST4 was one that I looked at a few years ago and has been posted up here a bunch of times, It has a history as colourful as its owner a lot of missing parts, a bad tranny and a very sad future. Now to give credit where it is due- I talked with the owner close to two years ago and he was getting ready to start restoring it... given how long it has been parked his sense of urgency may be different than ours.... after a long and interesting conversation he mentioned that he knew of another unit for sale and would check with the owner.. who got back to me, and eventually sold me ST193 so I do owe him a debt of gratitude-however, before I took possession of 193 he helped himself to some bits of 193..... I guess that's how they roll at the halfway ranch.
I was going to start a thread on machines that can be found or seen by useing Google street view, but I have no idea how to embed a frame image from streetview unless I use a screen capture and that takes all the fun out of it.
A couple weekends ago I went to have a look at another machine that came up here around the same time - the blue 443 with the extra door cut in on the drivers side. I was able to have a look at it, and it was at least this bad. the owner had just sold it to a family member and in conversation they mentioned another 443 nearby that I was able to see on my way home. That was fun! two vintage tuckers to break up a boring road trip! :) I borrowed the wifes car for the trip as it was about 600 Miles and not 10 minutes after looking at the second rig managed to massage a deer with the front of her car at about 70 :( lots of body damage but I was able to drive it home. There were two of them that came out of the woods so fast I did not even see the one I hit until impact, the second one was spooked and looking back into the woods but not turning back so I am assuming something was probably chasing them.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked at this machine in about 1995. It had been purchased from the Canadian Phone company out of Kamloops. He wanted 10K back then, but it was more complete. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot stick,... back then. Picked up much nicer ST4's for 3 to 6 K.