• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1201 A spryte clutch help

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone have a parts description or lay out for the clutch in a 1201A model spryte.

I bought it for the rearend to have a spare. turns out to run quite nice and steer as it should.

With all the tires holding air I find myself driving it quite a bit.
I noticed something isnt right with the ebrake,clutch. I ignored it as any man would (with a parts machine) and the clutch promptly stopped working.
I now find myself intriqued about what this machine could be so I tore into the bell housing and found a snap ring off of the clutch output shaft. that clip allowed the shaft to walk out of the bell housing,creating the rattle in the ebrake.

Does anyone have a parts list or photo of what should be.
I think a spacer is missing.
This machine has a new clutch and I think the mechanics put it together wrong.

Any help would be great.

I will add a couple pictures when the shafts get back. I am having them cleaned up and tested to see if they are true.

Mike

Dr. Zaugg

Redsqwrl:
I found my "A" model book. There is no spacer. The shaft is held into the carrier bearing by one snap ring. With your e mail I can send you the parts book page.
Paul

Dr. Zaugg

Here, I think, is the parts book image. unless I have goofed again!
I have the nomenclature pages too if you want.

Attachments

• 1201A driveline.jpg
    1201A driveline.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 272

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can waite, and get me the dimentions, I will make you one up and bring it to you next week for free...:biggrin::whistling:

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And I don't have it.

Boom. who called that one.
I should have been a mechanic. I will get a measurment when I get the flange back. I can bet a beverage in MI that the length of that bushing spacer is roughly the width of the clutch disc.
Basically what happened is the shaft walked out of the clutch disc. I noticed the spline hanging out of the drive flange as said that isn't right.

Thanks to Dr. Z Mike

Have you tried spryte improvment in wallace Idaho, they have helped me with our new 1202-b I will check the spec sheets I got from nancy and see if it has what you need, then all I have to do is get it to you!
Does anyone have a parts description or lay out for the clutch in a 1201A model spryte.

I bought it for the rearend to have a spare. turns out to run quite nice and steer as it should.

With all the tires holding air I find myself driving it quite a bit.
I noticed something isnt right with the ebrake,clutch. I ignored it as any man would (with a parts machine) and the clutch promptly stopped working.
I now find myself intriqued about what this machine could be so I tore into the bell housing and found a snap ring off of the clutch output shaft. that clip allowed the shaft to walk out of the bell housing,creating the rattle in the ebrake.

Does anyone have a parts list or photo of what should be.
I think a spacer is missing.
This machine has a new clutch and I think the mechanics put it together wrong.

Any help would be great.

I will add a couple pictures when the shafts get back. I am having them cleaned up and tested to see if they are true.

Mike

Attachments

• 744 to 968-1_1200B.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
Hope this helps you! let me know if not, but check with Nancy in Wallace Id
they have been more than helpful for us and are very experienced with the drive-train etc.. of the thiokols (that's where I got this info) and it came from Peterson equipment originally (on top of the pages) lol

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello master of the hump.

the info is very helpful. I had great luck with this machine

I passed on the pulley assembly in favor of another member who also needed it,

the spacer was made by a very talented machinist and installed promptly.

thanks for the follow up.

Mike