• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristy up for auction (KT-4 full body, ultra rare model)

flathorn

I don't post here very often. I don't think any of the ribbing the Kristis get is serious, just something that started here ,and Big Al caught most of it. All just good fun for all I think. I did not start off to be a Kristi collector, it just sort of happened. I always thought the KT3s were so cool looking I had to have one.. then 2 of them. Then I heard the KT4 at least in some models were amphibious, and I had to have one of those. (I don't think there is another machine built that is amphibious). Al had one I was able to convince him to give up. The one I just bought I almost bought several years ago from a prior owner, but was too short of funds and time to get. Things just worked out this time.
Yes , the leveling system works on the 3 and 4 models. Really strange to use it on flat ground raising one side or the other.
I sold my Thiokol Imp a couple of years ago, so all that remained was Kristis. My wife has asked me how many I can drive at one time, I just respond it keeps me out of the bars and I don't chase other women. So far that has worked.

Byron

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Novel idea with the wife! I am going to have to try that!

Are your machines all runners? I would be interested in seeing some pictures if you can spare the time. Sure looks like you can buy them reasonably priced...Is the fiber glass strong enough to not have issues?

Regards, Kirk

flathorn

I am less than a year from retirement , so probably won't be much done to them until after I retire. There are photos of them on the Kristi website. I started on the KT4 I got from Al. Dismantled EVERYTHING repaired the inner frame and had it galvanized, A friend is going through the Corvair engine, but haven't done much else. I am thinking I can take a mold off the top of the new to me KT4 and either make a full top, or a pick-up type cab like it originally had for the one from Al.
The KT 3s both ran and moved when I brought them home. Haven't started them in ages. Not froze up, and beings they are VWs I am sure they will run. Might have to clean the carbs.

Never had any trouble with the fiberglass, and it looks pretty good on all of them except for the doors on the front of the KT3s. They are kind of weak near the top of the frames and will need repaired.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you have got to drive them around seams Bob Cat is the only one who drives his around every one else seems to use them for a conversation piece. that seems to be where all the krusty joke started from. Bob cat sends me nasty grams every time I start ribbing on the kristy owners so don't feel no one's in your corner. when you resto the latest find I would like to see you keep the original lettering on the doors as that tells the story of it's Alaska history. to my knowledge that is the only one seen up here. the last time Bob Cat was up here he had herd of one in the matsue valley but couldn't locate it. one haqs to wonder what the borough of mines had to think of it when compared to the stuff used during that era like weasels and surplus 601's